2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

lost all gears and reverse?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 03:48 PM
christopher.l.manson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a jack and access to a press any heads up you can think of will be my first rebuild?

Old 03-10-2013, 03:57 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check the tranny rebuild threads as referenced. I printed out the trans section of the manual and put in a binder in plastic sheet protectors so I had it available in the garage. Get a gallon of brake cleaner in a jug to use to clean everything. Taek your time, take photos. Lay ont on a long bench as it comes apart so you do not get things mixed up. I made a plywood bench out of a half sheet of plywood (2' x 8') across two saw horses. Lip seals in pistons are critical. Do not damage. Get a can of transmission assembly lube.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:24 PM
christopher.l.manson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good gonna take a week to get parts and evrything set up and try my best not to have any left over parts.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:34 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Trans rebuild kits come with extra parts as the kit will work for several different transmissions. Make sure you lay out parts and match them (such as shaft seals) exacttly to the ones you are replacing. Clean work area is very important.

Quick Reply: lost all gears and reverse?