2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Problems shifting from inside the cab after transfer case rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 07:00 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Wurzberger
Maybe if im feeling brave and find the time I will visit some snowed over forest service roads this weekend.
be like a boy scout and be prepared for worst case events. make sure someone at home knows where to look for you. take clothing and sleeping bag so you don't freeze to death if the dodge gets stuck or breaks down. take a chain saw that actually runs and enough gas and oil to cut your way out of a blowdown. if you don't have a winch, a come-along and 100' of 1/4 cable can get you out of most jams.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:31 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't forget water.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:59 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Wurzberger
ok so it looks like you where right. I knew about coming to a stop before shifting into 4L, I was told to put the transmission in neutral when doing so. Guess I never started the truck with the transfer case in neutral to hear the noise before. I started the truck with the transfer case in 2H and then shifted into 4H with no problem at all. Took it for a quick spin and was happy with the results. The only thing left to do is put the front drive shaft back on and probably give the interior a deep cleaning. Put away dirty in a cold shop for four months did a number on her.
Thanks for all the help everyone. Maybe if im feeling brave and find the time I will visit some snowed over forest service roads this weekend.
Have fun with her, and glad we could help.

Quick Reply: Problems shifting from inside the cab after transfer case rebuild