2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

tv cable adjustment needed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 11:18 PM
mrau92me
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just snapped the TV cable end of my TB yesterday. There's another very similar thread that I've posted in, but someone there said this place http://tpstransmissionparts.com/forms/contact.html has cable ends that you can buy so you may not have to replace the whole cable. I'm planning on calling them first thing in the a.m.

EDIT: Never mind on the link I posted above, at least with Dodge/Chrysler TV cable ends...I called and it didn't pan out.

Last edited by mrau92me; 03-18-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:44 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Post up what you find out. Seems several people are having similar issues!

Old 03-18-2013, 03:48 PM
mrau92me
Rookie

Originally Posted by gdstock
Post up what you find out. Seems several people are having similar issues!
OK, I called that company I posted a link to and it turned out to be a dead end...Their rep said that would probably be a dealer-only item, but he said they do carry some parts like that for Chevy.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:50 PM
jconlin
Professional

I just glued mine back together with some pretty serious super glue

Old 03-19-2013, 11:21 AM
mrau92me
Rookie

Originally Posted by jconlin
I just glued mine back together with some pretty serious super glue
I've never had good luck with the super-glue types...I think I'm just going to replace my cable anyway ($64 locally, ouch). The little strut end at the trannie seemed to bind a little when first moving it by hand. I've been scratching my head for awhile over why my truck would have short or long delays about shifting from 1-2 or sometimes it would downshift back into 1st right after shifting into 2nd. It's not slipping cuz the truck still pulls when it drops down into the lower gear. I've already adjusted the band (the one from the outside of the trannie), and I had just replaced the TPS when I decided to check/adjust the TV cable and broke the plastic end.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gorilla glue super glue. That stuff works

Old 03-19-2013, 05:42 PM
jconlin
Professional

Originally Posted by mrau92me
I've never had good luck with the super-glue types...I think I'm just going to replace my cable anyway ($64 locally, ouch). The little strut end at the trannie seemed to bind a little when first moving it by hand. I've been scratching my head for awhile over why my truck would have short or long delays about shifting from 1-2 or sometimes it would downshift back into 1st right after shifting into 2nd. It's not slipping cuz the truck still pulls when it drops down into the lower gear. I've already adjusted the band (the one from the outside of the trannie), and I had just replaced the TPS when I decided to check/adjust the TV cable and broke the plastic end.
I see, there is nothing wrong with my cable except the end piece being broken but if the it breaks again I will replace it

Old 03-20-2013, 01:50 PM
mrau92me
Rookie

Well, I just changed mine out last night. I did find a bend/kink in the old TV cable, so that could've been a contributor to my truck's problem(s). It was late, so I only drove it about a mile and a half. It shifted flawlessly then, so this morning I decided to drive it 25 miles to work. AND still, it had some problems. Before it warmed up, it did slip some around the 2nd to 3rd gear shift. After warm up, there were no problems. Looks like I'll be putting in a new post about this one.

Quick Reply: tv cable adjustment needed?