2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Front end Tow points?No hooks?Any input would be very appreciated...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MegaJamBox
Yea just read that whole article on front bumpers, I think im gonna fab up a front bumper for my truck since my buddies got a metal break. definetely gonna spend some time on it..
And just for the record its a 1998 2500 v10 reg cab truck is rated for 8800gvw and 26k is the max you can tow without a cdl license, Have comercial plates on truck. So I am all legal.... Thanks allot tho for all the input really making me think on this Im actually going to buy some metal today and probably going to try to fab something up will get pics up tonight.
Just really ticks me off on why the heck didnt dodge put factory tow hooks on it...
You'll need more than a metal break. lol!!

Awesome on stating what your truck is. To make it easier, input that to your User Profile. Then it will show up in every post for people to see.

To do this, scroll near top of page, left side find USER CP.

Left panel, find Edit Your Details, enter truck info there. This can also be done in Edit Signature.

Thanks for correcting me on the CDL rating.

FWIW, I'd like to see picture of the body mount. You can reweld it. Just not sure from your description on how it failed.

Here is an example of aftermarket bumper (not made anymore) that is somewhat common design but different makers out there.

This one bolts directly to the front cross member in the similar manner that I configured for mine. However, I made mine robust, especially so it won't rotate. In any case, it has held up to lots of pulling and he weighs 6K+

Picture taken at Easter Jeep Safari a week ago.

RamFlex2_zps80dd01ba.jpg?t=1364931607

Old 04-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You could just get a used hitch from a junk yard, cut the mounting brackets off the ends and weld it to the frame like I did. Then get something like this for it http://www.autoanything.com/towing/t...r-mount-eyelet

Last edited by Sheriff420; 04-03-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Front end Tow points?No hooks?Any input would be very appreciated...