2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

97 tranny o/d light on and trans temp light

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 06:21 PM
travismergler
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 tranny o/d light on and trans temp light

ive got and 97 ram 2500 reg cab 4x4 i recently swapped trannys out of a 99 2500 and now i started the truck never moved it after about 10 mins the overdrive buttons kicks off and then the trans temp light comes on i no the truck the tranny came out of was fine so im thinking wireing or soloenoid issue any help in pointing me in a good direction would be great

Old 04-19-2013, 09:59 AM
travismergler

anybody ever heard of this issue really looking for a tip on what to do next the fluid is barely even luke warm when the lights come on so dont think its internal but need some ideas guys please any ideas

Old 04-19-2013, 11:01 AM
Arde
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by travismergler
ive got and 97 ram 2500 reg cab 4x4 i recently swapped trannys out of a 99 2500 and now i started the truck never moved it after about 10 mins the overdrive buttons kicks off and then the trans temp light comes on i no the truck the tranny came out of was fine so im thinking wireing or soloenoid issue any help in pointing me in a good direction would be great
Check this out, it's short and to the point. Sounds like you have an identical issue.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...p-is-cold.html

Old 04-19-2013, 01:30 PM
travismergler

def sounds like my problem so in other words i need the solenoids and wiring internal harness for my 97 and not the 99 am i right or do i just need to replace the solenoids and not the harness?

Quick Reply: 97 tranny o/d light on and trans temp light