2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

any one get herrased from cops for exhaust and tint?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 05:55 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: any one get herrased from cops for exhaust and tint?

I've got a cousin and a Great Uncle who are both cops. One's a state trooper and the other is a local p.d. officer. I've got friends who are cops and I know that not all of them are a$$holes. They have a job to do just like everybody else. I understand that and respect them for it. However, there are lots of ****** who get their rocks off because they have that badge on. It's basically giving them the ability to pick on people because they know what will happen if they hit a cop.

I was sitting at a light next to a cop. I had all 4 windows down, the moonroof open, and NO, I repeat NO sound system in the car. I had an aftermarket headunit and some aftermarket speakers in the doors. No subs, no amps. I was playing music and minding my business. I pull off from the light and make it may be a car length ahead of the cop before he flips on his lights and pulls me over. He says to me that my system is too loud and violates the noise ordinance of the city. I know the rules and regs here in town...and I was never more then 50ft away from this guy, not to mention I was sitting next to him at the light with all my windows down. So I told him that he was wrong and that I wanted his badge number. He proceeds to become a ***** and starts looking all over my car to find reasons to mess with me. Pointed out my tires werent up to code (had been doing alot of burnouts) and that my tint was too dark and blah blah blah. Anyhow, by this time I'm already in handcuffs because he had pulled me out of my car. I started getting loud with him and I told him flat out to get another cruiser here or he wouldnt have a job for long. I dont know if I scared the guy or not but he called another cruiser and when the other cop got there I asked to speak to him privately. I explained the situation and why I got pulled over. He looked at me, asked for my keys, turned my car on.....and after a minute came back to where I was. He uncuffed me, said he was sorry I got pulled over, and said have a nice night. The other cop flipped but the officer who let me go started ripping him a new one right there. I filed an official complaint the next day. Apparently the guy was already on probation.

Not all cops are ******, but some of them just do it because they are cops.

Old 09-22-2005, 03:27 PM
nmason
Veteran

it definately depends on your location. i dont know what the tint is on my truck, but its dark. and ive never been hassled by cops for it. not one word about my exause yet either, though i have noticed ive been getting longer looks from them lately. here you get pulled over for stupid things like my license plate cover being too dirty, or a headlight seems too bright.

now my old mazda b2200 had dual 2.5" straight pipes from a chevy v6 small block. in 2 and a half years i got pulled over 3 times for it. so its not too bad.

here youve really gotta watch out if you have a few young people together in a car. driving a white dodge spirit i was pretty much guaranteed to be pulled over 5 times a week for no reason other than to make sure the car wasnt stolen. you can do that without pulling me over.

Old 09-22-2005, 05:55 PM
MGDMike
Champion

I've never been harrased by cops, but I did a guy pull up next to me in an 04 Ford and said he could barely hear his music because of my exhaust. I just looked at him, smiled, and proceeded to ignore him. He got pissed, ( I guess I was suppose to turn my truck off), and decided turned up the volume on whatever he was listening to. I think it was rap, I don't remember. Well, everyone heard it, you couldn't not hear it!! I'll give the guy credit that it sounded good, hell it sounded real good!! However, the cop who pulled him over less than a minute later didn't like it! I love karma.

Old 09-22-2005, 11:06 PM
4DrMopar
Captain

You know... a LOT of the guys here who claim harassment..... you all do crap to intentionally draw attention to yourself... tint, lift and exhaust... if you KNOW ahead of timethat its questionable...and you get stopped, and only WARNED about it.... damn your a weenie then... you wanna boohoo, call names and whatnot, but they LET YOU GO.. and if they didnt they were in the right to stop you.. I have issue with seatbelt and helmet laws..I think they should be optional if over 21.... but whatever... regardless,if your gonna do things you KNOW can be ticketed, dont be a d1ck when you only get a warning..

Old 09-23-2005, 08:35 PM
gfunkatoa
Rookie

AMEN!!!

Old 09-23-2005, 09:11 PM
vestpuzzle1
Professional

Cops are cool and the ones who are crying are lucky they aren't crying from the cage that they should be locked up in. Whomever is leakin' water knows damn side better he or she is wrong to begin with.
If u are getting in trouble for tint, open headers, weed, driving drunk, whatever; each person (most) know right from wrong.

Old 09-24-2005, 01:25 AM
thump186
Record Breaker

I have 35% on my strat and my flowmaster. the cops round her don't really bother they like the ricers better with the pissed off weed wackers.

Old 09-24-2005, 02:46 AM
MGDMike
Champion

ORIGINAL: thump186

I have 35% on my strat and my flowmaster. the cops round her don't really bother they like the ricers better with the pissed off weed wackers.
I like that comparison!

Old 09-26-2005, 01:59 AM
CoreySS
Amateur

Here in Illinois anything besides factory is illegal. I dont think we give a **** because 99% of pickups have some kind of exhaust. Mustangs and camaros have there flowmasters, headers and other orgasmic sounds. I have a glass pack on my truck and when I got pulled over in a 2nd story parking garage for burning out the cops didnt seem to care. I turned my truck off and when they let me go I started it and there was no way in hell you couldnt hear it fire up and rumble away. I did get pulled over in my dads 90 caddy seville with no cat and no muffler exit out the side at night after i goosed it passed a cop at a gas station. I had to turn the car off to even hear the cop when he pulled me over. Man did I get compliments.. My favorite compliment was when I tried to race a wrx, I lost but he said dam does that sound healthy! V8!

Old 09-26-2005, 02:05 AM
CoreySS
Amateur

and for some reason you cant tint the front windows because of cops saftey. But how the hell can a cop see you anyway when your back 3 windows are 5% tint? If the cops got a problem with it, tell them to roll down all windows in the car. You can hide drugs or pull out a gun weather your front windows are tinted or not he can only see you if your not tinted

Quick Reply: any one get herrased from cops for exhaust and tint?