2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

any one get herrased from cops for exhaust and tint?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 02:13 AM
01ramclassic
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: any one get herrased from cops for exhaust and tint?

Here in Arkansas the only law that I'm positive about regarding windshield tint is that the bottom brow aka "suicide brow" can be no more than 4" tall. Mine is definatly more than that. I have dual flows and 10% tint all the way around and not once has a cop mentioned anything when I have been pulled over. But like I said earlier, here in AR we appreciate them things. -tyler

Old 09-27-2005, 01:58 AM
m_ross05
Amateur

yea ive got pulled over twice for exhaust and i only had it at 3000rpms my tint is 10% and 15% and theyve never said ne thing to be bout that

Old 09-28-2005, 03:34 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope *knock on wood* but my exhaust has a Flowmaster muffler in it and isn't that loud and my tint isn't that dark on the front windows. I think it is what is legally allowed but not positive as I didn't put it on so don't know what % it is.

Old 10-12-2005, 12:08 PM
HeavyChevy00

I think you should grow a pair and change your exhaust and tint so they dont harrass you and deal with the fact that its illegal. Your exhaust is too loud and your tint is too dark. thats the law stop crying about it. You sound like a lil pansy in here whining about how cops harass me, i should have what i want bs. You sound like a lil mamas boy who gets everything for nothing and can't make the step out into the real world and do what has to be done. "daddy can i have $150 for a muffler?" thats really all you have to say. Im sure you didnt pay for anything anyway.

Old 10-12-2005, 11:50 PM
cableguy
Professional

In this neck of the woods, it depends. There are plenty of dick cops, but there are just as many (if not more) that arew reasonable to deal with. If you're driving a Honda with jet black tint, and an obnoxious fart pipe, then guess what? You're getting pulled over! If, on the other hand you're driving a pick-up with decent tint, maybe a flowbastard setup but not otherwise acting like an a-hole, your gonna get left alone 99 timesout of 100.
Hell, I got stopped a couple of weeks ago for being lost. Guess I looked suspicious. I stated my business and all was o.k.
What I dont get is how my buddy comes through town on his Fatboy which I swear you can hear a half mile away, and he never gets stopped.

Old 10-13-2005, 04:58 PM
Ram_sport96
Professional

I live in southern Louisiana... if cops pulled every truck with loud exhaust and limo tint over... they would have to either triple to force or do absolutly NOTHING else... my only problem is getting it inspected once a year...

Quick Reply: any one get herrased from cops for exhaust and tint?