2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

any one get herrased from cops for exhaust and tint?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 11:34 PM
dodgestud98
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any one get herrased from cops for exhaust and tint?

I have got pulled over 3 times for my exhaust and window tint i drive a 98 ram 1500 5.9 extedned cab. My tint is 5% all the way around and my exhaust is straight back with 4" tips no mufflers. cops are gay i will have a pic of my truck up soon.

Old 09-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: any one get herrased from cops for exhaust and tint?

What area do you live in? Did they ticket you every time they pulled you over?

Old 09-21-2005, 02:51 AM
rejectracing
Rookie

I get harassed for my tint all the time, It's just another excuse to shake you down for money and to search your vehicle. I usually don't have much troubles unless it is at day. I don't drive much during the day,just to school and friend's houses, but when I'm out during the day I have to be extra careful to stay out of their way.

Old 09-21-2005, 04:04 AM
01ramclassic
All Star

I have 10% all the way around and a windshield brow and suicide brow..I was told by the guy that tinted it for me 2yrs ago that the suicide brow is illegal. I have never been pulled over for my tint...and the times I have been pulled over the cops have never mentioned the tint or exhaust. But here in Arkansas we apprieciate these things and so do most cops..they are more likely to complement than to harrass.

[IMG]local://upfiles/21206/69B4097E50874A41945600F09C5F98C1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-21-2005, 05:12 AM
michaela805

ya cops are dicks. i got pulled over for tint on my ram and the cop was a smart ***. he told me to take it off right there in front of him. i told him i wanted the proper tools which was my stupid excuse to get away with it. he said fine then scratched my tint with his keys and said "i'm sure you don't want to drive around with this now do ya"

Old 09-21-2005, 12:59 PM
Trippen
Professional

If you cant Hear it how can you tell its running

[IMG]local://upfiles/17489/A427B24FA16A41ECA9A5B79656E74BDE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-21-2005, 07:08 PM
richardmoore
Professional

I haven't been pulled yet but I try to keep it quiet around cops, the ones that I accidently reved around looked at me kinda funny, I wish they would mind their own business!

Old 09-21-2005, 10:26 PM
rejectracing
Rookie

ORIGINAL: 01ramclassic

I have 10% all the way around and a windshield brow and suicide brow..I was told by the guy that tinted it for me 2yrs ago that the suicide brow is illegal. I have never been pulled over for my tint...and the times I have been pulled over the cops have never mentioned the tint or exhaust. But here in Arkansas we apprieciate these things and so do most cops..they are more likely to complement than to harrass.

What part of Arkansas? I'm from Jonesboro and get harassed about my windshield daily. They wont even accept my doctors excuse. ********.

Old 09-22-2005, 12:31 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

It's funny...police officer is the only occupation that people complain about when they're doing their job and when they AREN'T doing their job. No matter what, they can't win.

The police officers that are "harassing" you are just doing their jobs. If they're harassing you DAILY and you're just getting warnings, then you're pretty lucky they aren't doing their jobs well. You could get a ticket for a motor vehicle violation that requires action within 10 days and an officer signature to verify that the violation was corrected. That's what happens here in Wisconsin.

When you do things like tinting windows past what's allowable by law...or installing loud exhaust, you are playing with fire. And you know what they say about playing with fire...sometimes you get burned. In other words, it's against the law. You know it's against the law, yet you still do it. You shouldn't be suprised when someone who enforces the law actually does their job.

Myself, I run without front plates on most of my vehicles (against the law here in WI). I've also removed almost every emissions device from my 99 Grand Prix. I know I'm in big trouble if it's ever checked. Most of that is not visual though, so it's kind of hard to get caught [8D] But I know if I ever am, it won't be pretty. And it will be my own damn fault that it happened. [>:]

Sorry about the rant. I know a lot of police officers personally. They're not ********...they're not dicks...they're just regular people. Most of them don't like doing their job, but it's their job...so they do it. Sure...some of them could be a little nicer when dealing with things. But then again, when some of them hear comments like I'm reading here...they tend to lose respect for the people they're policing. When that happens, some of them tend to deal with people less and less professionally. I'm not saying that's right, but it's understandable.

Old 09-22-2005, 05:34 AM
01ramclassic
All Star

I'm originally from Morrilton but I am in Russellville now workin on my second yr at ATU. I have never been harrassed about exhaust or tint, but I have been pulled over many times for speeding and other traffic violations but not once out of 10+ times has a cop mentioned anything about it. Now that I have gone and jinxed myself the police will probably impound my truck tommorrow for all of the above and pull a rodney king re-enactment on my *** in downtown Russellville. Oh well my truck will still look good even with blood on it.[sm=icon_beat.gif]
ORIGINAL: rejectracing

What part of Arkansas? I'm from Jonesboro and get harassed about my windshield daily. They wont even accept my doctors excuse. ********.
[/quote]

Quick Reply: any one get herrased from cops for exhaust and tint?