2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

noob that needs help!!!!!

Old 05-07-2013, 03:40 PM
superman79
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation noob that needs help!!!!!

hi i have a 99 dodge ram 2500 4x4 v10 automatic with some big issues!!! and need help!! tried posting on here early today but i think i done it in the wrong area soooo i havent got any veiws or replys.

i also have a 94 mustang gt built to run
7.6sec in the 1/8

but this is what i posted earlyer im open to any suggestions!!!!!

hi im new here so so sorry in advance because i know ill screw something up. i have a 99 dodge ram 2500 4x4 v10 automatic to make a long storyshort i took it the transmission shop a while back and he made the motor spin crank bearings. so i pulled the motor and trans. i put new heads all new water pump radiator new crank and all new bearings in bottom end plus new timing chain and sprockets. everything was perfect after that. now two years later im sitting at stop light and drop oil pressure at idle so i took it straight home and changed the oil after i changed the oil i have no oil pressure what so ever so i pulled the pan and the pick up was stopped slammed up with what seemed like large piecesof bearings. so i pulled the mains and end caps off the connecting rods and the crank andbearings look perfect!! so i pulled the timing chain cover to check oil pump and oil pump timing chain cover all that is fine. and i know its not the oil pressure sensor because its not knocking and iv put a mechanical gauge on it.and iv pulled the pressure relief valve and it looks fine. and it cant be cam bearings because iv always been told they never go out and when they do they come out as a dust and not whole bearings. someone please help!!

Old 05-07-2013, 04:04 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

I will move this to the 2nd gen Ram section which is where it should be. I think I actually moved your first post to the wrong area, shich is why no one has responded to it, sorry about that.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:19 PM
superman79

no problem thanks again for your help!!!!

Old 05-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gotta get some plasti gage and measure clearances to really tell

Old 05-07-2013, 05:55 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by superman79
no problem thanks again for your help!!!!

Welcome to DF! For future reference, would you please not post titles in the "tech" section named "noob that needs help!!!!! " please. Post a tech related title for your issue, thanks. Not only will a lot of people not even look in a thread with that title, and someone that had the same problem as you might not look either, and , it doesn't help someone doing a search for a similar or same issue. Hope you understand. I'll gladly change the title to something more appropriate.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:54 PM
superman79

thanks zman17 i went ahead and said sorry in advance cause i knew i would do something wrong but sorry agian and thanks for your help!!!!!! also ham bone i shouldnt have to plasti gauge the bottom end agian if it checked out the first time i put it together? because when ur bearings loose clearance it leaves scars and ur bearings turn copper color. and mine arnt even groved i done the if your fingernail catchs fail it and if not its good and i couldnt even see a groove either. but i got to thinking i normally run 10w-30 and when we changed the oil we put 10w-40 high milage in it. but then i put 20w-40 in it after i tore every thing apart just to try and prime it. btw what is the proper way to prime these motors? because im just using the starter and pulling the fuel pump relay

Old 05-07-2013, 06:56 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can't really know your clearances unless you measure it.

You can tell they're not totaled but they may not be within spec still

Old 05-07-2013, 06:59 PM
superman79

i understand im about tempted just to pull the motor and put it on the stand agian because plastigauging upside down with evrything under the truck is going to suck. but would you have any other ideas other than the clerances in the bottom end? would it be worth pulling the cam just to check it out?

Old 05-07-2013, 07:02 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

No big deal bud, just a better thread title is in order. As far as the priming the motor/oil pump goes. I'd download one of the FSM's from the FAQ/DIY section. Since you have a v10, it is surely a different procedure than a v8 oil pump, since yours is built in to the timing cover.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:13 PM
superman79

okay ill be sure to do that thanks!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: noob that needs help!!!!!