2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need Help With Full Tune Up!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 02:17 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ChillyPhil
I know remflexes are one of the best gaskets to get but whats some other good ones? I wanna get the remflex gaskets but don't have that money right at the moment. I forgot about buying better header gaskets, so he just put the crappy ebay ones that i had in the truck.

And yeah, i still have crappy 3.55s. I plan on going to 4.10s sometime around spring because i want to put 35s under the thing.
Get a set of Gibson header gaskets, I have reused mine four times now and thats not the norm for any header gasket, they have also been on the truck now for over 6 years and are still leak free.

Picking a gear ratio is not a ez thing there are a few things that should be taken into account when picking a ratio, first and foremost is the cond of the motor if its half dead fix it first, gears are then just a cover up and a waste of cash and time, speed traveled most, towing, rural or urban driving, tire size, terrain and so on. What might work for one person might not suit the next person.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:43 PM
ChillyPhil
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by merc225hp
Get a set of Gibson header gaskets, I have reused mine four times now and thats not the norm for any header gasket, they have also been on the truck now for over 6 years and are still leak free.

Picking a gear ratio is not a ez thing there are a few things that should be taken into account when picking a ratio, first and foremost is the cond of the motor if its half dead fix it first, gears are then just a cover up and a waste of cash and time, speed traveled most, towing, rural or urban driving, tire size, terrain and so on. What might work for one person might not suit the next person.
Where can i get a set of Gibson ones? I'm not sure if i saw them on summit or not..

But yeah i know, and it isn't a cheap thing to do either. The motor is in great shape but i mainly do highway and some city driving with very minor towing. I want a good gear ratio for 35s but want to still be able to do all of my daily driving stuff. I just wish them ol 3.55s would work.

And thanks guys for the help on everything else. Truck runs and sounds good thanks to you friendly people on here!

Old 08-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

I believe these are them.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:12 AM
ChillyPhil
All Star

Sweet, i'll order them then. It'll save me alittle compared to the $50 remflexes.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:44 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^ Good to read. What's your hwy speed? flat of mountain? Me I am thinking 3.92 or 4.10 is where you should be looking.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:17 PM
ChillyPhil
All Star

Mainly flat with some hills. There's a few mountains I run into when I have to go certain places.

Highway speed is around 70. Sometimes I just cruise 60 when I feel like it though.

I'll be hitting a mountain every day next week since a local fair is going on and I'm entering my 400ex in some of the events.

Where can I get everything I need for 4.10s? And what would be a rough estimate on them things? I know it's not too cheap of a job..

Old 08-04-2013, 09:26 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

Randy's Ring and Pinion is good.

One member got a complete kit, front/rear gears, with master install kits for around 500.00 Ratio just doesn't matter, as the price difference between them is basically non-existent.

Quick Reply: Need Help With Full Tune Up!