2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

99 dodge ram 1500 rebiuld

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 10:47 PM
cproctor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 dodge ram 1500 rebiuld

I have a 99 dodge ran 1500 and i am going to tear the motor down and rebuild it. I want to bore it 30 over, change the crank and cam, and machine the heads and intake. I would like to get the most horsepower and torque out of my engine. just wondering if anyone had any suggestions or ideas about this.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:04 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,197 Likes on 2,949 Posts

Check some of the other build threads. Redneck Ram has one going in the general discussion section at the moment. There are others out there as well.

Don't bother doing anything with the stock heads. They suck. Thin castings. Replace them with something better. Odessa/Clearwater makes better casting heads, complete, for under 600 for a pair. You can also custom order them with better valves/springs, to match whatever cam you want to use.

Best bet is, decide what your budget is, and where you want your engine to build it's power. That is going to depend on just how you use your truck.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:52 AM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before you bore it 30 over have it sonic checked. If you really want to make some power, search for 408 stroker dodge on google and get some ideas there. But if you don't want to stroke it, all the normal stuff. Cam, maybe hi comp pistons, performance intake, performance programming, etc.

For me, just a performance intake and better heads made a world of a difference.

Quick Reply: 99 dodge ram 1500 rebiuld