2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sct 9550

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 05:23 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stewie01
But of those MORE features how many of them are of any use on the ancient technology in our Rams?
Well, it's either buy it or live with the stock Dodge tuning...

Old 06-27-2013, 05:46 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Superchips....

Old 06-27-2013, 07:33 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Sucks compared to SCT....lol
It only removes like 50% of torque management. SCT removes all of it.

You're paying for more stuff when you get SCT, you know this. Granted, to most folks they would likely be happy with SC. I wanted to get an SC that was $100....because it was $100.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:59 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Kristoffer Edwards
Thank you all for a fast response, im not the waiting kind but for this ill just have to wait for the x3 or like CSDavies26 said check the classifieds, ive been researching for 3 hours to buy one but summitracing amazon everyone who sold them doesnt have any, so anyone who wants to sell me one let me know
If you want something to do while you are waiting, fix the plenum, replace cat and o2's.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:11 PM
Arde
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^^+1...Don't put the cart before the horse, give yourself a solid base to build on.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:15 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/parts-s...4-7-tunes.html

Theres a tuner there, just need Sean to write the tunes for you. +1 on fixing plenum, replacing cat and o2 sensors!

Old 06-28-2013, 04:34 PM
Kristoffer Edwards
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnn123
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/parts-s...4-7-tunes.html

Theres a tuner there, just need Sean to write the tunes for you. +1 on fixing plenum, replacing cat and o2 sensors!
+1 tanks man hopefully he gets back to me and what is involved with the plenum fix?

Attached Thumbnails Sct 9550-screenshot_2013-06-27-15-48-17.jpg  
Old 06-28-2013, 04:44 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...um-thread.html

Read it. All questions will be answered.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:04 PM
Kristoffer Edwards
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...um-thread.html

Read it. All questions will be answered.
Thanks for that article cleared a lot up, just have to see if previous owner did it or no ill have to do the magnet check..now i added everything in my cart on hughes engine but i went to ngks site to look up part number becuase hughes and some people on here says to change front O2 sensor...which one front right or front left or both?

and 2 quick questions if you dont mind since youve been such a great asset to this post.

Headers...can i get some that will hook up to my current system everythings after market from the catback so between stock header and cat is stock, or do i have to throw everthing away and run trual duals...really dont want to since i just paid 300$ for a system pre bent from truckexhaustkits.com..

Also whats the stock height from ground to bottom of the door on our trucks..trying to figure out if pre owner put a lift in it.

Thanks again

Old 06-28-2013, 05:14 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by Kristoffer Edwards
Thanks for that article cleared a lot up, just have to see if previous owner did it or no ill have to do the magnet check..now i added everything in my cart on hughes engine but i went to ngks site to look up part number becuase hughes and some people on here says to change front O2 sensor...which one front right or front left or both?

and 2 quick questions if you dont mind since youve been such a great asset to this post.

Headers...can i get some that will hook up to my current system everythings after market from the catback so between stock header and cat is stock, or do i have to throw everthing away and run trual duals...really dont want to since i just paid 300$ for a system pre bent from truckexhaustkits.com..

Also whats the stock height from ground to bottom of the door on our trucks..trying to figure out if pre owner put a lift in it.

Thanks again
Don't order from hughes. Mr. Hughes is an *******, number 1. Number 2, you can buy the plenum plate and bolts from a guy here on the forum, on ebay. You'll have to look it up as I don't have the link off hand. It's $54.99 and comes with a very nice plate and plenum bolts. Then you just buy a gasket set locally or from Rockauto and buy some intake manifold bolts. You can also get NGK/NTK front O2 sensors from rockauto as well. Just do the front, it's easier.

As for headers, shorties will (should. lol) bolt up to the factory y-pipe, but the factory y sucks donkey. The Jegs Offroad Y-pipe is rather nice, it has a provision for an O2 sensor and if you have emissions, just get a universal cat, cut off a section of the pipe and weld the new cat on. Done.

As for a lift, your truck looks stock to me. Some trucks are taller than others and that's because they weren't worked. I know my rig is shorter than some but mine hauled trailers most its life. That's just an example, but no, yours doesn't look lifted.

Quick Reply: Sct 9550