2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Performance build up

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 03:54 PM
01ramclassic
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Performance build up

How much does one of those run in price and performance? Would I have to alter anything else if I installed this cam?
[quote]ORIGINAL: purdueranger

KRC 210X cam would be a good choice

Old 09-28-2005, 04:47 PM
purdueranger
Veteran

329 from krcperformance.com. They are custom grinds done by comp cam. All you will need to do is get a new timing chain because yours is probably stretched out. Buy new gaskets, lifters, go with a good set of roller rockers and you are set. I am going to run this cam in my 5.2L.

Old 09-28-2005, 07:04 PM
richardmoore
Professional

Tani500 is all about supercharging a Ram huh? Its a awesome idea though, does anyone on DF have a blown Ram?

Old 09-28-2005, 07:05 PM
richardmoore
Professional

Sorry Tani1500

Old 09-28-2005, 10:21 PM
predator1082

ok it will be his daily driver... and the engine had 80 grand on it sooo nothing too major... he just wants a dodge that will out run other everyday trucks...

heads and an intake are a lil much... right now i just really need to know about tranny stuff incase he needs to order something b4 his tranny is rebuilt... what would be a good all around torque converter for a these trucks... if he gets a cam it wont be a massive one... and he might not even get a cam... what about harder shifts... what route would you go and what brand would you use... and what would you do to strengthen the tranny?

ok so on exhaust you would go withe edelbrock longtube headers with 2.5 inch exhaust and dual magnaflow mufflers... no cats... what O2 sim do i need?

intake... unless he says differently i was just thinking like a cold air intake... but would this be to lil improvement on the intake side to justify camming the motor? which brings up y not do an intake swap while you have the intake off to do a lifter/rod swap?

and tuning... would you just use a hand held tuner or would you take it and get it professionally tuned? my vote is for a pro...

Old 09-29-2005, 01:53 AM
Dodge4x4810
Veteran

In reply to "01ramclassic"'s comment about the exhaust. I do not understand how a y-pipe after a single cat with two mufflers is any better than one muffler. Isn't that just restricing more are because you have 2 muffs out of one pipe???

Old 09-29-2005, 02:38 AM
01ramclassic
All Star

ORIGINAL: Dodge4x4810

In reply to "01ramclassic"'s comment about the exhaust. I do not understand how a y-pipe after a single cat with two mufflers is any better than one muffler. Isn't that just restricing more are because you have 2 muffs out of one pipe???
No not at all. I had a single 40series flow 1in 2out on my truck before I put the second flow on. After I put on 2 flows It was very noticable that it gave it more power. Its kinda like this...is it easier to blow air with one straw in your mouth or with two straws? The dual flows still give the engine the backpressure it needs but the backpressure is much less with two flows hence the engine runs better because of this. The y-pipe was custom built by my exhaust guy just for my truck. The y-pipe is 2.5 pipe with no restrictions. it is not bigger or smaller than my oem exhaust. I have posted about this more than once. I am gonna take a few pics of my exhaust system from the side and under the truck so people can get a better picture in their heads. I'll try to get it posted before friday. Hope this helped you. -Tyler

Old 10-01-2005, 10:28 PM
predator1082

i really need to know what torque converter he needs... hes gonna get the tranny rebuilt next week... and i havent really gotten a straight answer from anyone... and what would you get done to strengthen the tranny?

Old 10-02-2005, 12:59 AM
Tani1500
Champion

ORIGINAL: richardmoore

Tani500 is all about supercharging a Ram huh? Its a awesome idea though, does anyone on DF have a blown Ram?
yea, I know i want to do it. I saw i guy that lives around here with a ram and a super charger and a flowmaster exhaust and the sound was so nice. I think i fell in love.

Old 10-05-2005, 02:30 AM
predator1082

after talking to the tranny guy i think we are gonna dump the whole idea... he was told that his tranny wouldnt withstand even 350 horsepower... he might still go with a tune up some exhaust and in CIA... but i can handle all that on my own...

Quick Reply: Performance build up