2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Performance build up

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 01:07 PM
Ram_sport96
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Performance build up

ORIGINAL: predator1082

ok it will be his daily driver... and the engine had 80 grand on it sooo nothing too major... he just wants a dodge that will out run other everyday trucks...

heads and an intake are a lil much... right now i just really need to know about tranny stuff incase he needs to order something b4 his tranny is rebuilt... what would be a good all around torque converter for a these trucks... if he gets a cam it wont be a massive one... and he might not even get a cam... what about harder shifts... what route would you go and what brand would you use... and what would you do to strengthen the tranny?

ok so on exhaust you would go withe edelbrock longtube headers with 2.5 inch exhaust and dual magnaflow mufflers... no cats... what O2 sim do i need?

intake... unless he says differently i was just thinking like a cold air intake... but would this be to lil improvement on the intake side to justify camming the motor? which brings up y not do an intake swap while you have the intake off to do a lifter/rod swap?

and tuning... would you just use a hand held tuner or would you take it and get it professionally tuned? my vote is for a pro...
I have the k&n cold air intake, pacesetter headers and 3" gibson exhaust (single pipe cat back got the best RWHP for me) and a 180 degree thermastat (really just in place for future mods) and I out run the stock ext. cab 2x4 5.3 liter chevy (half a truck length) and the 5.4 liter fords (at least 1.5 truck lengths)

Quick Reply: Performance build up