2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Side View Mirror Vibration?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 04:57 PM
JeremyMichael
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side View Mirror Vibration?

When I bought the truck, the original side view mirrors were cracked, I replaced them out with Pilot Power Heated mirrors and all was fine, no vibration, no nothing, now about a month later, when driving at high speeds of 40+ MPH, they vibrate, not a "whole" lot, like can't make out what I see, but enough to notice they vibrate. I checked the housing and they are still in there nice and tight, but to be sure I popped one off, and in the process broke one of the lower clips off of the mirror unit -.- (there's like 25 of them around the whole unit lol), but it re-attached just fine and doesn't seem to be any looser.

What could I do to remedy this, or is it something i'll prolly have to live with lol?

Old 11-05-2013, 05:00 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My stock mirrors shake a bit, my dad's stock mirrors shake more.

I'd say it's just mirror wear.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:54 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JeremyMichael
When I bought the truck, the original side view mirrors were cracked, I replaced them out with Pilot Power Heated mirrors and all was fine, no vibration, no nothing, now about a month later, when driving at high speeds of 40+ MPH, they vibrate, not a "whole" lot, like can't make out what I see, but enough to notice they vibrate. I checked the housing and they are still in there nice and tight, but to be sure I popped one off, and in the process broke one of the lower clips off of the mirror unit -.- (there's like 25 of them around the whole unit lol), but it re-attached just fine and doesn't seem to be any looser.

What could I do to remedy this, or is it something i'll prolly have to live with lol?
That's your issue. I had a glass break on me, so I replaced the whole mirror and the other also to match, they were Pilot. They were junk. They were shaking so bad I couldn't see.

I ended up popping the glass out of them and put them into the stock housings. No more problem.

What it is, is that the Pilot mirrors are made out of plastic, therefore it flexes. The OE mirrors have what appears to be a fiber mixed in so it's stronger and doesn't flex much.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:40 AM
ChillyPhil
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haul ghost trailers with mine and mine shake all the time. Even with supporting brackets in there. When I have them down they won't shake as much though.

But I have subs too..

Quick Reply: Side View Mirror Vibration?