2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Should I tow this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 12:27 PM
MaxPower1971
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by merc225hp
^^^^ Like you posted depends on the person's mood. He has the OPP, RCMP, possible city Police, MOT, and maybe one or two more he has to get past. Out here there is points added to the DL, possible DL suspension, possible insurance suspension, possible vehicle impound, fines, tickets and more. Not worth the risk in my op. The OPP is not to be messed with at all, they can be tough.
I guess you had a bad experience with the OPP, because in my former life as a transport company owner, they're the ones who always cut me a break lol. And with Quebec plates on my trucks, all other level of police gave us a hard time in Ontario. But with the OPP as long as you don't haul anything with a U-HAUL sticker on it, they'll probably let you go lol. RCMP are dumb as all sh*t when it comes to transport, as long as they don't think you're haulin' native cigarettes or dope they won't even bother you... Local police, well, some are clued in when it comes to transport, but most aren't.

Last edited by MaxPower1971; 12-30-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:25 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No bad experience for me but some of my friends sure did. I lived on the MB/Ont on Hwy 1 border and dealt with all of the above and more, Kenora, West Hawk Lake, Falcon Lake in that area. As long as I kept my truck and boats/ legal for towing no problems at all. Out here in BC the RCMP are far from dumb when it comes to vehicle safety at least in my area anyway.

Op did you get this truck yet?

Last edited by merc225hp; 12-30-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:58 PM
Thornloe Pride
Captain

No bad experience for me but some of my friends sure did. I lived on the MB/Ont on Hwy 1 border and dealt with all of the above and more, Kenora, West Hawk Lake, Falcon Lake in that area. As long as I kept my truck and boats/ legal for towing no problems at all. Out here in BC the RCMP are far from dumb when it comes to vehicle safety at least in my area anyway.

Op did you get this truck yet?
I used to live about 20 minutes from Kenora!!

Nope not yet. Was supposed to go last week but stuff came up and then Christmas and now New Years. At the in laws for New Years for a couple days

Old 12-30-2013, 03:19 PM
merc225hp
Champion

^^^ That is a very nice area, almost as nice as here. I lived in that gen area for 10 years. Ever go to Wiley Point Lodge on Lake of the Woods? I helped build that place.

Have a good time visiting with friends and family.

Old 12-30-2013, 05:34 PM
Thornloe Pride
Captain

^^^ That is a very nice area, almost as nice as here. I lived in that gen area for 10 years. Ever go to Wiley Point Lodge on Lake of the Woods? I helped build that place.

Have a good time visiting with friends and family.
Yea I have but I can't say I've been in it. I've seen it though. I spent lots of time on Lake of the Woods as a young teenager. One of Canada's best fishing lakes in my opinion! How do you like BC compared to Ontario? My best friend and I are making a trip to Chillwack, BC this coming summer.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:45 PM
merc225hp
Champion

Yes it is one of Canada's best for fishing, massive lake. Miss a marker buoy and take out the bottom of your boat type lake. Idk BC has it's good and bad points. I would not live down on the lower mainland or on the island thats for sure. Winter temps are great -18c for a day or three then back to -5c to +1c, lot's of snow where I am, open lake year round for whatever. But not a lot of sun in the winter, there are times I would trade a 0c day for a -30c sunny day. Summers can get into the low +40c.

Some sledding pix. http://sledsicamous.com/photo-gallery.html not like out east.

Just add mountains to the Kenora area and much bigger trees lol..

You driving or flying?

Last edited by merc225hp; 12-30-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:46 PM
Thornloe Pride
Captain

Yes it is one of Canada's best for fishing, massive lake. Miss a marker buoy and take out the bottom of your boat type lake. Idk BC has it's good and bad points. I would not live down on the lower mainland or on the island thats for sure. Winter temps are great -18c for a day or three then back to -5c to +1c, lot's of snow where I am, open lake year round for whatever. But not a lot of sun in the winter, there are times I would trade a 0c day for a -30c sunny day. Summers can get into the low +40c.

Some sledding pix. http://sledsicamous.com/photo-gallery.html not like out east.

Just add mountains to the Kenora area and much bigger trees lol..

You driving or flying?
Pretty sure we are going to drive. Our main reason for going is Fraser River fishing but we would like to explore a bit of BC as well. Never been to BC. Any recommendations? I have an old friend out in Prince George I'de like to meet up with as well. Can't wait for the trip

Wow, those are some nice pics. I would love to go sledding up in the BC mountains one day.