2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Band Anchor in Transmission Pan ????

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 09:21 PM
wlatour
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Band Anchor in Transmission Pan ????

Found a Small Band Anchor in Pan? I was changing fluid and Replacing Governor Pressure Solenoid & Sensor due to shift lag from first to second. Now I know what the true problem is? How hard is it to put this back up on band and what's the adjustment on the set screw on side on transmission? The transmission is perfect. I had no issues with it and all other gears shift fine. Parking is fine. No slippage no lag and goes in gear perfect with lots of power. I plow with this truck. Its a 2001 Ram 2500 5.9L 360 and I have had the fluid changed 5 times since I owned it New but never had the bands adjusted? I only have 95,000 miles on it. Oh yes the magnet was not bad and the fluid I took out was still clean looking no burnt smell. I want to drop the pan and fish this part back up. I know the other band is off but stuck up top. Help Please

Old 01-06-2014, 10:01 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Put everything back in place, torque the adjuster screw down to 72 INCH pounds, then back it off somewhere between two and three turns. Exact values are in MonteC's thread, or, in the service manual. Adjust both bands while you have the pan off. One is on the outside of the trans, the other is inside, above the filter somewhere. You will recognize it when you see it.

Quick Reply: Band Anchor in Transmission Pan ????