2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Engine code 37

Old 01-15-2014, 11:03 AM
maynard67
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine code 37

1995 ram giving an error code 37, cannot find it in the manual. Any ideas?
gas engine with AT and 4x4.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:49 AM
HeyYou
Super Moderator
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

TCC code, or, trans temp sensor. You may or may not have a temp sensor.... if you have one, it is mounted on the cooler line, right near the trans, on the line at the front of the trans. Think it came as part of the towing/heavy duty/plow package. Some folks get a code for it, even though they don't have the sensor....

Does your TCC lock up appropriately?

Old 01-15-2014, 10:44 PM
I like trucks

I have this same code I'm sure I don't have the trans sensor and my clutch is fine I have disconnected the batt. many times but it won't clear. oh well

Old 01-15-2014, 10:47 PM
HeyYou
Super Moderator
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by I like trucks View Post
I have this same code I'm sure I don't have the trans sensor and my clutch is fine I have disconnected the batt. many times but it won't clear. oh well
Manual or auto trans? have any of the aforementioned packages on your truck?

Old 01-15-2014, 11:13 PM
I like trucks

auto trans and no package, it just popped up one day when ( I'm sure you have seen ) I was having crank sensor problems. I don't even think it is a code for my year truck. have seen the problem pop up a few times on here tricky little feller.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:18 PM
Arde
All Star

It's a code for your year truck alright. Mine used to get 32 and 37 quite a bit for no apparent reason, everything seemed to be OK. I've made a number of changes to my engine since then and haven't gotten a code in months now. Don't know why they quit or even why I was getting them in the first place. Seems to be common for OBD1 trucks to get a 37 code even when they have no trans. temp. sensor. Just a bit of OBD1 PCM quirkiness, don't worry about it.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:56 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

Disconnect neg. battery cable and reset the pcm. http://dodgeram.info/Engine-Gas/OBDI/pcm_fault_code.htm

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Engine code 37

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: