2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

99 Cummins cruise control problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 10:46 PM
cutler1313
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Cummins cruise control problem

So I'm new to this site so let me know if I'm doing something wrong!! I recently bought a 99 Cummins with a 5 speed. The problem I'm having is my cruise control doesn't work, the light turns on but it doesn't do anything. The truck is an auto converted to a 5 speed so I'm just wondering if there is a wire or something that might not have been connected when it was converted or what?? Also I think the 5 speed came out of a 98 12 valve. Any advice would be helpful thanks!!

Old 01-22-2014, 11:36 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Cruise servo is under the battery on the drivers side. It's controlled by the PCM. The lite in the dash turning on indicates that the PCM is paying attention, and the switches in the steering wheel are probably good.... so, check the vacuum line to the servo first. I have no clue where it runs to on the oil burner though..... Start at the servo, see where it goes. If anywhere.

Welcome to DF!

For further technical questions, post in either the second gen ram section, or the diesel forum.

Quick Reply: 99 Cummins cruise control problem