2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Heating problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 04:52 PM
suzuki1211
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heating problems

I am new to this forum, so thank you in advance for any help. I have a 95 Ram 2500 with the V10 engine. I do not drive this truck very often as it has 91k miles on it and have owned it since 2001. I have had trouble with the heat in the cab of the truck, does not get very warm, all the fan speeds are working. I have changed the thermostat several years ago with a correct factory Dodge one. With all this said, could the heater core be plugged? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks again.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:01 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,275 Likes on 3,022 Posts

Heater core could be getting clogged, or, it could just have a nice air bubble in it. Try backflushing the heater core, disconnect the hoses on both sides, and run water thru it backwards. As you are getting close to being done.... keep both hoses above the level of the heater core, and add water. Try to keep as much in there as possible when you reconnect. Your heat should be much better.

Another possible problem on your truck is the temp door. (blend door) It is driven by a little electric motor, under the heater box, just above the trans tunnel, toward the passenger side. There is a little plastic coupler in there, that likes to break, and then the door just kinda flaps in the breeze. You can check that..... but, the back screw that holds the motor in is a bear to get to.

Welcome to DF!

Let us know what you find.

Quick Reply: Heating problems