2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

replaced transmission pump; cranked then died sitting in idle, now won't crank?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 08:28 PM
melncord
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replaced transmission pump; cranked then died sitting in idle, now won't crank?

(speaking as my hubby) I replaced the transmission pump, got tranny put back in, added 4 quarts fluid, and cranked it up. while it was sitting in idle, and I was adding more fluid, it died. now it won't crank, no power to fuel pump, no power to spark plugs, etc. it says "no bus" and codes 920 and 921 blink on the onboard computer in dash. I've checked everything I can think of to check and I can't find the problem. PLEASE help!

Old 04-11-2014, 09:50 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,269 Likes on 3,016 Posts

ASD event. For whatever reason, the PCM is annoyed at one of your sensors. Crank sensor is commonly a victim of trans/engine R&R. Might wanna have a look at it, and see if it didn't take a beating.

Quick Reply: replaced transmission pump; cranked then died sitting in idle, now won't crank?