2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

joint connector no.3

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 08:11 PM
Dustin01Ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default joint connector no.3

so i discovered today while trying to troubleshoot why my fog lights are not working that nothing is plugged into my joint connector no.3 so i took a look at the service manual for my 2001 dodge ram 1500 and it says 4 of the wires that should be plugged in there are ground wires and the other 3 are 4wd sensors. should this be plugged in to something? i looked around the truck i cant seem to locate where/what it would plug into if i could plug it in. i mainly want to know if this could have something to do with my 4wd indicator lamp switch because i noticed the other day when i was looking for parts that my 4wd indicator lamp switch and backup light switch are the same part and atm my reverse lights do not work.

Last edited by Dustin01Ram; 05-24-2014 at 08:14 PM.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:16 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

There should be a switch on the inboard side of the CAD, that is the 4x4 switch, On mine, it's just a two wire connector..... I have no clue why the 01 is some complicated.... why do they need seven wires to deal with an on/off switch?

Old 05-24-2014, 11:25 PM
Dustin01Ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i found the first half of the connector on the passenger side under the hood. the other half isnt there trying to locate that so i can plug it in or find out where its suppose to be so i can get a new one. cording to the service manual one of the wires that plugs in there is a ground for the headlights which would explain why my headlights are dim as hell. my 4wd works fine but i dont get the indicator light.

Quick Reply: joint connector no.3