2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Something funny going on here !!!!!! part 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 12:56 PM
yaquindn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something funny going on here !!!!!! part 2

Ok this is a leave off from my last post. I thought everything was good I changed fuel pumps and replaced O2 sensor and noticed the trans gasket was leaking so I changed it and now the story goes like this.... after replacing the forementioned and test driving everything ran great , went to work which is about 15 miles away and for the first couple of miles on the way home drove great and the ( &^#$@!#$^^&&*) happened spits and sputters and the tranny is acting like its slipping too WTF 2 things at once, so I detoured to a mechanic and he said unplug the battery and let it set for 15 mins because it might be gettin a bad code.....I said OK and did so ( it got about a mile away and did the same thing but i did notice the speedometer was still not working so crawled under the truck to see if there was any lose wires ( none ) and unplugged the battery again ( didnt help) and now my brain is stuck so in a nut shell this is what has been replaced.

FUEL PUMP
O2 sensor ( upstream)
OIL CHANGE
TRANNY GASKET FLUID AND FILTER

So if someone can figure this out please let me know, before I change brand of truck to CHEVY LOL

Old 06-26-2014, 01:42 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Since you've just been in the trans area, make sure there aren't any fluid soaked wire connectors or wires rubbing anything down there, particularly the downstream O2 on the driveshaft.

Stop disconnecting your battery. You wipe everything out as far as codes when you do that.

Originally Posted by yaquindn
a mechanic and he said unplug the battery and let it set for 15 mins because it might be gettin a bad code.....

Haha, awesome. A bad code, eh?

Last edited by TNtech; 06-26-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:49 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

Speedo not working will confuse the trans.

What brand fuel pump did you get?

Old 06-26-2014, 01:56 PM
yaquindn

checked and no wires rubbing and the brand of fuel pump I cant remember but it cost me enough. ( over $200.00) and is not throwing codes i had it tested

Last edited by yaquindn; 06-26-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:38 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

Something is getting hot, and failing. Did it do this particular trick before replacing the above? Or was that stuff replaced in hopes of solving this particular problem?

Old 06-27-2014, 08:16 AM
yaquindn

yes kinda, but it was acting fuel starved

Quick Reply: Something funny going on here !!!!!! part 2