2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Burning Oil part II

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 08:11 PM
btyson35
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im runnin kinda same problem just fixed plenum repair but its still buring oil and number 8 cyclinder is low on compression as well

Old 09-27-2014, 07:36 AM
It's Me Patt
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by btyson35
im runnin kinda same problem just fixed plenum repair but its still buring oil and number 8 cyclinder is low on compression as well
You get a CEL for it? I did before the fix and after for awhile then no CEL.
Cracked head, seat, or as Hey You said valve seal/s.

Old 09-27-2014, 01:49 PM
army_greywolf
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the plenum fix several years ago with a number 8 misfire before and after. It took about 4 seafoam treatments and an engine flush to break the rings free of all the carbon and oil sludge. Misfire is gone, has been gone. I do think soon I will need valve stem seals. I recently started getting the trademark blue smoke at start up of that particular issue.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:35 PM
It's Me Patt
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by army_greywolf
I did the plenum fix several years ago with a number 8 misfire before and after. It took about 4 seafoam treatments and an engine flush to break the rings free of all the carbon and oil sludge. Misfire is gone, has been gone. I do think soon I will need valve stem seals. I recently started getting the trademark blue smoke at start up of that particular issue.
You got way more nerve than I do. I bought the engine flush but got scared away from using it.

Quick Reply: Burning Oil part II