2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

5.9L 360 Rebuild?, I am ready.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 07:14 PM
ryanblake
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Mopar01
Haha call me a liar but the old heads on my 360 weren't cracked, over 150xxx on the motor, still bought Odessa heads. OP even though I rebuilt a stock motor I spent very close to $2,000 on my engine. I did have it bored over 0.030".
Nice, What exact heads did you buy if you don't mind me asking? and how much where they? And what all did you spend your money on when you rebuilt the engine and did you rebuild it yourself or have someone else do it?

I figured I would give you guys a picture of the truck that I plan to put the 360 into whilst I wait to pickup the motor

Notice the brand new paint job, took two months to complete. The color is Brilliant Black by Chrysler.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:54 PM
Blue Mopar01
All Star

I put on new Odessa Clearwater heads, stock size. Ran me $650 off their eBay page. I bought the engine from a JY for $350. I can't remember the machine shop price for boring the block and cleaning it. The master rebuild kit with fel pro gaskets, moly rings, and I can't remember everything else lol I went with a stock cam tho, in the long run I should've went with a different cam. I rebuilt the motor myself in auto class in high school.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:12 PM
ryanblake

Originally Posted by Blue Mopar01
I put on new Odessa Clearwater heads, stock size. Ran me $650 off their eBay page. I bought the engine from a JY for $350. I can't remember the machine shop price for boring the block and cleaning it. The master rebuild kit with fel pro gaskets, moly rings, and I can't remember everything else lol I went with a stock cam tho, in the long run I should've went with a different cam. I rebuilt the motor myself in auto class in high school.
Can you link me the Master Rebuild kit that you used? And why do you wish you would have went with a different cam?

Old 02-13-2015, 08:16 AM
Blue Mopar01
All Star

Give me some time and I'll send you the website for the kit. I wanted to go for an rv cam in my truck but at the time it was $250 more for a new cam and I'm not sure if I had to change valve springs and stuff but I didn't wanna spend all the money I had. That's why.

Quick Reply: 5.9L 360 Rebuild?, I am ready.