2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Brake issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 08:18 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,266 Likes on 3,013 Posts

How is your steering? Got some slop in there??

Old 03-14-2015, 11:18 PM
RicoRam15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea theres some turning it this way, turning it that way going on. I will most likely changing out the gear box as soon as I get one of those after market steering stabilizers. But that won't account for the drivers side caliper dragging, and the jerking due to either the front or back not working correctly right? Today I took the back apart, cleaned them and adjusted them. They worked fine for a short moment as do the front after I bleed and lube them, But they revert back to acting up again.Maybe the master cylinder is needing the be changed out. Grrrrrr!

Old 03-15-2015, 09:27 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,266 Likes on 3,013 Posts

The random pulling while braking may simply be the slop in your steering.

When my back brakes were being strange, the friction material was down to the rivets, and they were digging into the drums....... the truck would shake something awful if you even LOOKED at the brake pedal.......

Quick Reply: Brake issue