2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

overheating problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 10:11 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2damnyankee
So you don't think these trucks are not PICKY? well I have ordered my truck back in 1995 and still have it. I've been thru everything with it. electrical gremlins, motor noise's, all kinds of check engine light, ball joints, steering, New Motor, Trans, There isn't a bolt on this truck I have had my hands on. So yes they are PICKY
Maybe you don't know how to properly turn a wrench.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:42 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

I think you guys are getting carried away on who to blame or call the truck picky. The newer rams have two temp sensors and the pcm is set to read a more accurate temp(picky if you will) where the older ones you could get away with a 180* stat and no codes. With any mod you need to do some research.

Old 04-06-2015, 01:12 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

There is a whole lot of fail info in this thread.

If you have a tuner that can account for a 180 tstat, then that part of the system will be accounted for. All else, stick with the 195 stock rating. Search here in DF for a good thread (technical) regarding this.

This is a mechanical system, therefore, responds accordingly. When something changes...it can invariably make other things respond negatively. Most people think addressing 1 item is all that's needed for their "perceived" goal. Complete bollocks...and Unregistered User will be the first to swat ya!!

Pre-97, iirc, all have 2 temp sensors. 98+ have a single one.

Don't be drilling crap in a tstat either. Burping is easy...just put the passenger tire up on a curb and just slightly higher elevation....

Old 04-06-2015, 03:04 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
Complete bollocks...and Unregistered User will be the first to swat ya!!
It's a lot of fun to rile people up by pointing out that far out scenarios mask simple problems under unnecessary layers of imaginary complexity.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:42 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
It's a lot of fun to rile people up by pointing out that far out scenarios mask simple problems under unnecessary layers of imaginary complexity.
Well then, THAT was a mouthful.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:59 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Well then, THAT was a mouthful.
It computer science jargon

Old 04-07-2015, 09:36 PM
2damnyankee
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
Maybe you don't know how to properly turn a wrench.

Ham Bone I know how to turn a wrench, been turning wrench's for 35 five years.

It is quite obvious that some may want to stir the pot, Well you guys do have to remember one thing just I have too also. All these trucks have there problems one way or another, also some of the earlier models like mine can not get a programmer. ODB1 system have not been made. Oh and yes I do enjoy my GMC as much as I enjoy my RAM, But had the dodge longer so the GMC will go first.

Quick Reply: overheating problem