2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A Favor: I Would Like A Used Door Hinge

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 10:51 AM
dbbd1
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default A Favor: I Would Like A Used Door Hinge

If you have replaced your hinges or are getting ready to, can I pay for shipping them to me? I want to experiment with them.

I just replaced the detent pawl pin but the detent roller is caddy-wampus and going to fail sooner than later. I cannot find anything out there in the aftermarket for the roller, so I want to see if there is some way to fab a replacement with hardware store parts instead of replacing the whole hinge.

Thanks

Old 01-23-2016, 11:50 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

Didn't the pin kit come with a new pin/bushing for the roller? I think mine did.....

Old 01-23-2016, 11:58 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Threads like this belong in the Classifieds and not the Technical Discussion Forum.

Old 01-23-2016, 01:24 PM
dbbd1
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Gary-L
Threads like this belong in the Classifieds and not the Technical Discussion Forum.
And it belongs in "technical" because I am trying to figure out how to help others with the same problem.

Last edited by dbbd1; 01-23-2016 at 04:48 PM. Reason: removed snarky comment
Old 01-23-2016, 04:34 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

The phasey luck of a forum moderator who posted his reply ahead of you must have fallen down on the job.

Old 01-23-2016, 06:53 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

*Technically*, yeah, it should be in the classified, but, he is looking for a specific second-gen part..... so..... I just leave well enough alone.

Old 01-23-2016, 07:07 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

That's what I thought to. He's trying to solve a problem.

Old 01-24-2016, 11:54 AM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by dbbd1
And it belongs in "technical" because I am trying to figure out how to help others with the same problem.

It's a two-part issue:
1) You're asking if anyone has a hinge
2) You're following up by stating why you need the hinge

The thread title has the appearance of an ad; hence you're limiting your audience based on who may have a hinge and who may have performed the specific repair. Maybe a mod could create a better thread title; otherwise, I can see it disappearing past Page 3, never to be seen again (until some noob resurrects it three years hence).

Have you even checked the classifieds to see if anyone is parting a vehicle? Better yet, have you posted (there) that you need a hinge? I've seen ads there of people who moved on from 2nd Gen vehicles but have parts and vehicles to be parted listed. It's like real estate: location, location, location.

The versatility of forums tends to be diluted when people do not make use of the available tools and features. That comment is for everyone.

Old 01-24-2016, 12:49 PM
dbbd1
Record Breaker

The thread title has the appearance of an ad; hence you're limiting your audience based on who may have a hinge and who may have performed the specific repair. Maybe a mod could create a better thread title; otherwise, I can see it disappearing past Page 3, never to be seen again (until some noob resurrects it three years hence).
That would be nice, but it seems to be pretty clear and concise in the title. I am open to options however.

Heck, it will probably disappear to the back pages anyways.

Have you even checked the classifieds to see if anyone is parting a vehicle? Better yet, have you posted (there) that you need a hinge? I've seen ads there of people who moved on from 2nd Gen vehicles but have parts and vehicles to be parted listed. It's like real estate: location, location, location.
Yes. Also, i find it a little hard to ask someone to take the time to remove a part (labor) that they can sell (money) and GIVE it to me, for only the cost of the shipping.

The versatility of forums tends to be diluted when people do not make use of the available tools and features. That comment is for everyone.
Thanks for the (subtle) flame.

Have a nice day.

Old 01-24-2016, 12:52 PM
dbbd1
Record Breaker

And, I may be new to this forum but new to the whole interweb thing.

Quick Reply: A Favor: I Would Like A Used Door Hinge