2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

injectors

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 02:35 PM
zildjian3707
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default injectors

thinking about upgrading my injectors. Good idea or bad idea? If so which ones should i get. Anyone notice a diff in power?

Old 03-06-2016, 03:50 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,201 Likes on 2,953 Posts

The only improvement you will see, if any, is improved performance if you currently have injectors that aren't doing their job properly.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:27 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Injectors aren't worth the headache, especially if you aren't custom tuning for heads/cam/stroker. The only ones I have heard that offer minimal (if any) improvement with a stock motor are the 2000 on up red injectors that the magnums switched too. So if you could find a wreck 2000+ ram that would be the way to go, but honestly these intakes/heads were designed around the factory (imho crap spray pattern) injectors so that's why the improvements are so minimal.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:12 AM
dapepper9
Veteran
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The reds use the same injection pattern. The difference is simply due to government regulations for the USCAR connector. If you're not boosting or stroking it, it's a waste of time and an easy to mess your truck up. Simply because I was curious and like to learn for myself instead of take others word on things I even tried it. Stock are 22lb/hr at 43.5psi and I tried some that were 23.6lb/hr at 43.5psi and only about 25cc more flow. Stock is about 24lbs at our 49psi and the ones I tried were about 25-25.5 at 49psi. Idle did not change, did not smell gas and didn't seem like it ran too awful rich or nothing. Go to take off from a stop and lots of tq to GET moving but once it was moving it was lacking. The PCM can't trim it back and set the A/F ratios quick enough with incorrect fuel tables/trims based off the stockers. WOT it screamed but cruising was gutless unless I went WOT. One of those things you'd need a custom tune for and why go through that pain in the *** when a stock displacement 360 naturally aspirated the stock will handle anything you can throw at it? Just adds another factor to complicate things and fail.

Quick Reply: injectors