2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

5" leveling spacers

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 11:00 PM
David Clauder
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apparently I was wrong. The rear block is stock on it but if that's the case the then the truck was really low up front cause it has a 2" spacer. I bought a 2 1/2" spacer thinking the one already there was stock and when I took it out it was a 2" spacer so I need to know what I need to make it level. The way it sits now it's 9" between the top of the tire and fender up front and 12" in back and with it already having a 2" spacer that means I would have to switch out for a 5" and that don't sound good. And on the other hand I just changed the shocks out and the rear shocks I put in are factory and they r fully extended just to bolt to the bracket. I'm not real familiar with stock specs on a 4wd but I'm learning lil by lil so I'm not sure what to do. I'm a DIY person. And don't want to go to the shop.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:28 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My truck went to about 1/2" shy of level (1/2" lower in front than rear) when I upgraded my coil springs. Less than two hundred bucks delivered, got 'em here. No spacers required, and the progression on them is really nice. I only drove a few miles on them before hanging a 265 pound aftermarket bumper out front, though, so it's possible they'd have proven a bit tight without it. But then again, maybe not.

On the other hand, hanging 35" tires on the thing is going to cost you over and over again so you might want to save that couple hundred bucks for your unit bearing fund.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:40 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Are there already spacers in the front?

Old 04-06-2016, 09:57 AM
David Clauder
Professional

Yes it's 2" spacers in the front and I thought about just putting bigger coil springs in but my truck has a grill guard up front and a diamond plated steel bumper in back so I'm not sure how much it's going to drop down

Old 04-06-2016, 10:15 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Just a leveling kit then. Rear is highly likely stock height.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:34 AM
David Clauder
Professional

I can't put a leveling kit on the front. I bought a 2 1/2 " spacer and it's already got a 2" on there now. So I would have to get a 5" spacer to level it out

Old 04-06-2016, 10:50 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

You already have a 'leveling kit'..... sorta. Wonder if you have an add-a-leaf, or some such in the rear, to give it that much rake. There DO seem to be an awful lot of leaves in the rear spring pack.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:02 AM
frankie_b_jr
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
You already have a 'leveling kit'..... sorta. Wonder if you have an add-a-leaf, or some such in the rear, to give it that much rake. There DO seem to be an awful lot of leaves in the rear spring pack.
Here's a couple pictures of the stock springs from a 97 1500:

From what I can see in their pictures, the back end is bone stock. Might be easier to tell with the tire off, or looking across the truck at the opposite side.

Quick Reply: 5" leveling spacers