2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gen2 Suspension specifics

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 03:20 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Oh Dodge
NEVERMIND HOW THEY HELL THEY GOT ASE CERTIFIED ?!?!?!!?
The greater the demand for labor in a given field, the easier it is to acquire any certifications required to work in that field. The greater the demand for lower worker wages in a field, the easier it becomes to acquire the certifications required to work in that field. That's the nature of our capitalist system -- no one allows high standards to interfere with profit capture.

There are, of course, folks around who hold themselves to higher standards. They charge more, but miserliness costs more in the long run. As with most things.

Old 04-04-2016, 03:33 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So did you actually get any resolution to the problem?

Old 04-05-2016, 05:20 AM
Double Oh Dodge
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Holy smokes. What a bunch of idiots....... Any reports on them at the BBB?
No clue.......to disgusted to even look into it.

Originally Posted by stewie01
So did you actually get any resolution to the problem?
Not as of yet, between the recent AT rebuild fiasco,repeat tire expenses, and life; both my I.C.E. and play money budgets are liquidated and will remain dead for a while.
When I go to take care of the issue, it is going to run $600-$700 because I plan to start with a full set of LT225/75/16E tires I was looking at, and get it realigned elsewhere the same day.

Old 04-05-2016, 07:16 AM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 102 Likes on 95 Posts
Default budget friendly options

Originally Posted by Double Oh Dodge
No clue.......to disgusted to even look into it.

Not as of yet, between the recent AT rebuild fiasco,repeat tire expenses, and life; both my I.C.E. and play money budgets are liquidated and will remain dead for a while.
When I go to take care of the issue, it is going to run $600-$700 because I plan to start with a full set of LT225/75/16E tires I was looking at, and get it realigned elsewhere the same day.
I haven't bought a new tire for a truck for many years. There are way too many easy craigslist scores on good used tires - especially oem sizes. I usually get something that is almost brand new, or as low as 6-7 thousandths - usually at 1/3 the cost of new. Saves a bunch of $, and I don't worry about tire damage when I'm taking it where you'd only drive a 4x4 truck. I resisted going used for a while, but a buddy finally convinced me - I'm totally in on that approach now.

Continuing to drive it with is so misaligned might put more stress on other components, and you may end up replacing parts due to premature failure.

Something to think about, its not for everyone - or the prices wouldn't be so great on used tires! :-) You do need to be in a more populated area, else the pickings would probably be slim.

I do buy new tires for the wife's vehicles. But I'll buy online from either discountiredriect or treaddepot, ship them to the house, and take them to my favorite garage for installation.

Old 04-05-2016, 07:16 PM
Double Oh Dodge
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fj5gtx
I haven't bought a new tire for a truck for many years. There are way too many easy craigslist scores on good used tires - especially oem sizes. I usually get something that is almost brand new, or as low as 6-7 thousandths - usually at 1/3 the cost of new. Saves a bunch of $, and I don't worry about tire damage when I'm taking it where you'd only drive a 4x4 truck. I resisted going used for a while, but a buddy finally convinced me - I'm totally in on that approach now.

Continuing to drive it with is so misaligned might put more stress on other components, and you may end up replacing parts due to premature failure.

Something to think about, its not for everyone - or the prices wouldn't be so great on used tires! :-) You do need to be in a more populated area, else the pickings would probably be slim.

I do buy new tires for the wife's vehicles. But I'll buy online from either discountiredriect or treaddepot, ship them to the house, and take them to my favorite garage for installation.
I'm not put off about using used tires, so longs as they have enough tread left....never have been.
I live in an area where MOST CL tires are just not my size, I usually see more 17's, little car14's, or tires that require some lift to even use.
But I do agree about it all.
Hell, I didn't buy the tires I just put on it. A buddy of mine dropped off a set, but a pair of them didn't pass pre-mounting inspection.

Quick Reply: Gen2 Suspension specifics