2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

performance valve body for 46RE

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 07:32 AM
ramsportrocks
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default performance valve body for 46RE

does anyone make a direct performance replacement 46RE automatic valve body?

Old 05-04-2016, 07:59 AM
cruzer55
Veteran

Superior/FairbanksRacing Automatics.Steel valvebody with a damn.Mine has been in for 10k,trouble free and chirps the tires in 2nd &3rd.Firm shifts, even manual shifts.Not cheap,Good parts aren;t cheap,Cheap parts arent good.I used all of there stuff on the inside and very pleased with the performance.

Last edited by cruzer55; 05-04-2016 at 08:05 AM.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:22 AM
ramsportrocks
Veteran

Originally Posted by cruzer55
Superior/FairbanksRacing Automatics.Steel valvebody with a damn.Mine has been in for 10k,trouble free and chirps the tires in 2nd &3rd.Firm shifts, even manual shifts.Not cheap,Good parts aren;t cheap,Cheap parts arent good.I used all of there stuff on the inside and very pleased with the performance.

finding kits but no complete valve bodys

Old 05-05-2016, 07:32 AM
cruzer55
Veteran

Check Transgo or ATI or local trans shop.Guess it will depend on how much you want to spend parts counter at dealer,Performance catologe

Last edited by cruzer55; 05-05-2016 at 07:39 AM.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:30 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

does anyone make a direct performance replacement 46RE automatic valve body?
You may want to explain what kind of "performance" you want. A shift kit is a start.

Superior/FairbanksRacing Automatics.Steel valvebody with a damn.
A link would help.

Not sure if they even make a manual valve body for the 46re. They used manual valve bodies for racing so you could shift it when you wanted. Not sure if that's what you are after.

Old 05-06-2016, 06:01 AM
ramsportrocks
Veteran

looking for street/towing performance.. may make a run or 2 at the mopar atlantic nationals in Englishtown this year with it but racing isn't a regular thing

Old 05-06-2016, 10:08 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion

I was surprised that Englishtown didn't even advertise the mopar weekend there. It's not on the listing on their web site. I emailed them and they said it's listed on the pdf file of the schedule. But for some reason they left it off the one on their web site. That show went down hill in recent years. I was there for the very first "mopars at Englistown"(that's what it was called back then). Seen it grow and then drop to what it is today. Carlisle stole all the attendance for that show. That's another show i was there for the first one and it's grown exponentially ever since. I remember when you could park on the fairgrounds.

Old 05-06-2016, 03:15 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ramsportrocks
looking for street/towing performance.. may make a run or 2 at the mopar atlantic nationals in Englishtown this year with it but racing isn't a regular thing
For that kind of use, the hot ticket might just be to filch a valve body at the wrecking yard and kit it up. It might not be super high zoot but it's a perfectly suitable option, and you can do the modification at your leisure then just bolt the thing up.

PS: Because you really, really, really don't want a street/strip or hotter kit if you're going to be towing or loading up the bed -- you'll get way more experience at changing out U-joints than anyone could possibly need, and will soon enough be moving on to the stuff those joints stick together.

Old 05-08-2016, 07:33 AM
ramsportrocks
Veteran

Originally Posted by Moparite
I was surprised that Englishtown didn't even advertise the mopar weekend there. It's not on the listing on their web site. I emailed them and they said it's listed on the pdf file of the schedule. But for some reason they left it off the one on their web site. That show went down hill in recent years. I was there for the very first "mopars at Englistown"(that's what it was called back then). Seen it grow and then drop to what it is today. Carlisle stole all the attendance for that show. That's another show i was there for the first one and it's grown exponentially ever since. I remember when you could park on the fairgrounds.

went to Mopars at e-town for 20 straight years and still have the T shirts to prove it and watched it decline steadily.. we begged them to move the show to later in the year because we got nothing but rain for at least 1 full day if not both every damn year... so the powers that be in their infinite wisdom waited until attendance was next to nothing and then finally moved it to august a few years back even though we kept telling them week before or week after Carlisle would be the ticket.. so instead of registering I wait to see weather and just do day of show now..

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
For that kind of use, the hot ticket might just be to filch a valve body at the wrecking yard and kit it up. It might not be super high zoot but it's a perfectly suitable option, and you can do the modification at your leisure then just bolt the thing up.

PS: Because you really, really, really don't want a street/strip or hotter kit if you're going to be towing or loading up the bed -- you'll get way more experience at changing out U-joints than anyone could possibly need, and will soon enough be moving on to the stuff those joints stick together.

trans was rebuilt before I bought the truck so what I want is to make the trans more reliable I figure moving more fluid would be a good first step as for towing
it wont see much BUT a big move is coming up and I will be pulling en enclosed loaded bike trailer for at least one possibly 2 trips

Last edited by ramsportrocks; 05-08-2016 at 07:40 AM.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:49 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion

went to Mopars at e-town for 20 straight years and still have the T shirts to prove it
Same here! It used to be the first weekend in June if i remember correctly. Then they moved it to late May and then now in August. That show will never be what it once was. If you plan on towing put in a trans cooler! Heat will destroy a trans. If you have the trailer package it already has one.

Quick Reply: performance valve body for 46RE