2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Please help identifying part number/ too stupid to figure out part manuals apparently

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 10:56 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,270 Likes on 3,017 Posts

One member didn't install the drop down brackets, just spun the sway bar links 180, so they went down into their brackets on the axle..... I thought that was actually a better plan......

Old 11-05-2016, 10:59 AM
dbbd1
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As long as, at full droop, they cannot flip, you are good to go. Or, at full compression, they are not jamming into something (usually not a problem with a lift).

Old 11-05-2016, 12:43 PM
Ugly1
Record Breaker
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Lesson 1: My assumptions are nearly always BS.

That Hell Bent bracket looks like what I'd imagine a straight version of what I have on there now would probably look like.

I could probably get some channel iron working there but the lazy mans path of having drop in replacements Amazon'd to my porch seems good too.

As always, thanks everybody for setting me straight again. There is nothing this forum can't do.

Old 11-05-2016, 01:12 PM
Ugly1
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HeyYou
One member didn't install the drop down brackets, just spun the sway bar links 180, so they went down into their brackets on the axle..... I thought that was actually a better plan......

Hmm. Didn't notice there is a page two of posts before I made my last post. This seems interesting. maybe I should try it.

How does one go about determining if there will be problems at full compression without hitting a jump to find out?

Old 11-05-2016, 01:23 PM
dbbd1
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Given that "lazy man" appears in your post, you may not want to do this...

Remove the coils and shocks, cycle the suspension up and down with a jack or manually. Turning the steering wheel too, to make sure nothing hits from lock to lock.

Old 11-05-2016, 01:36 PM
Ugly1
Record Breaker

That is what I thought that answer might be. It makes sense.

May just take the lazy route for now since I know it was already working.

I planned to do a spring swap down the road soon anyhow to eliminate some spring spacers that are in there. Investigating removing the sway bar drop bracket with an endlink flip when I do the spring swap would probably be the most convenient way to go.

Old 11-05-2016, 09:34 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,270 Likes on 3,017 Posts

Originally Posted by Ugly1
That is what I thought that answer might be. It makes sense.

May just take the lazy route for now since I know it was already working.

I planned to do a spring swap down the road soon anyhow to eliminate some spring spacers that are in there. Investigating removing the sway bar drop bracket with an endlink flip when I do the spring swap would probably be the most convenient way to go.
That sounds like a good plan.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:32 PM
Ugly1
Record Breaker

I finally got around to doing this. It was more of a pain since I had to go get a new sway bar from the u-pull yard. Not sure if it was me or the last guy that bent my sway bar.

Definitely keeping this thing flipped. The angle the end link sits at is much more like a stock truck It would seem that my lift must actually be closer to around 8 inches despite what my signature says. I should change that.

BTW I see no reason to remove the coils and shocks to ensure the clearance. Before I installed the new end links to the sway bar, I was able to rotate my sway bar both directions as far as the suspension could ever move and it is easy to see that the clearance was going to be fine.

flipped end links

Last edited by Ugly1; 05-14-2017 at 05:15 PM.