2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Multiple Electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 11:38 PM
dbbd1
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Water leaks...

Get a hose going on your truck, then sprinkle baking flour onto it (lightly, like a dusting). It should leave like an ant trail that should help trace the leak.

Old 12-28-2016, 10:42 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Door panels have three screws, two in the door pull on the arm rest, and one up by where the mirror mounts. The rest are just the christmas tree clips, and they tend to hang on REALLY tight... to the point that the door panel comes apart before the clips let go of the door. Having the correct tool for pulling them is absolutely required. Any auto parts store should sell the tool.

There are a bunch around the perimeter of the panel, and two cleverly concealed below the window belt line. Get all the perimeter clips first, then snake your arm up in there to get the last two. Then just wiggle the panel around the door lock, and door handle, and it'll come right off. If you have power locks/windows/mirrors, you can disconnect those harness from the switches once it is free of the door. Careful with those though, the little clips that hold them in place are REALLY easy to break.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:08 PM
CJSuhr
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Replaced the radio with off of fleebay. Works good, granted, when I put the branused fleebay unit in, my origional one was working, so well have to see, time wil tell I guess.

When I get a chance to tackle door locks, I'll be back on here, but right now when it's about 10 degrees out, I'll pass. I can deal without doorlocks for a little while.

Also whated to say thanks for all the replys I've gotten and help. All of y'all are extremely knolegable and friendly, I'll be looking forward to sharing my future build projects in the future!

Old 01-06-2017, 09:40 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Hope that solves it for ya.

Yeah, not particularly warm here today either...... I want summer back.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:02 AM
CJSuhr
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well recently my driver door lock switch started responding. So I used it for a day, messed with the passenger side, and door locks stopped working. I tested the passages switch, and it was putting out current to the pole when I locked it and it was also putting out current to high the lock and unlock poles when I unlocked it. I went to the junkyard and got a passenger switch, and installed it, and now the door locks work as they should. I also installed a passanger mirror when i was there too, as mine didn't work and was cracked.