2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

01 Dodge Ram "no bus" problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 01:42 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricardo Zamora
My truck ran good yesterday and everything but then I tried to turn on the truck yesterday in the night and it didn't start it cranks up but does not start I checked the codes and it shows up the no bus code and it does not start up
What year truck? Engine? Trans? Any work done on it recently?

Old 07-05-2021, 02:02 PM
randy_lee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fix to my problem

Originally Posted by Alcatraz3699
So I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 and I'm having some problems, I have pulled my transmission out twice and put it back in and never had a problem, on this third time I fixed it and put the transmission in, all the wires are plugged in correctly and none of them are pinched including the crankshaft sensor. Any ways everything is torqued to spec and in correctly but for some reason when I go to start it, it turns on and it's will fire up and run for 5 seconds and then stop and then just crank. Then my abs, airbag, brake, and check gauge lights all come on and all my gauges stay at zero and I know that I have a full tank of gas. After the lights come on my odometer will blink 3 to 4 times and then say "no bus". I have spent 3 hours looking this up and unplugging the PCM and crankshaft sensor and resting them by unplugging and then turning key till the truck turns on and then after 10 seconds turning it of and plugging it back in and nothing has helped, besides if I do that to the crankshaft solenoid my fule gauge will work and then it only lights up the abs and brake on my dash and it will keep how many miles on my odometer. I have also tried to run a scan from tool to it but it doesn't put any codes. I have no clue what to do or where to look and I really really need some help!

look I had no bus on 2001 Ram I took Every sensor unplugged check for no bus and plugged it back in well I unplugged the ABS 40 amp fuse and it started up and as far as firing but I don’t know what to do about the rep the ABS thing

Old 11-25-2021, 05:33 PM
haro5566
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

i, having the same problem no bus power to my radio keep dieing and coming bak on rpms go high without shifting and power comes and goes abs and check guages and all of that lit up gauges are going crazy cant figure out the problem