Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Ram > 2nd Gen Ram Tech
Reload this Page >

01 Dodge Ram "no bus" problem

2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

01 Dodge Ram "no bus" problem

Old 11-29-2016, 04:06 PM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

Somethin' else is going on there...... not entirely sure what. Try disconnecting the cam sensor as well. (in the distributor. connector should be toward the drivers side.)

Old 08-28-2018, 12:35 PM
Kyle Kiernicki

I have tried everything listed in this thread, is there any other insight on this problem? When I turn my key on it shows my mileage but 10-15 seconds it then flashes and shows no bus, Iíve unplugged all sensors on the truck Iíve also checked and cleaned all connections for the fuse panel next to the battery and Iíve also cleaned and checked all connections on the pcm. Iím stumped here. Any insight would be great thanks!!

Old 08-28-2018, 12:50 PM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

What are you driving?

Old 08-28-2018, 12:52 PM
Kyle Kiernicki

Sorry 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9l laramie

Old 08-28-2018, 02:46 PM
Kyle Kiernicki

Update got the truck running, went about a half mile and it just died, all I did was remove the cap on one of the pcm connections to expose the wires, wiggled some around and plugged it back it and it ran, I tried doing that when it died on me on the road and I got all cluster back but no start, I’m still stumped!!

Old 08-28-2018, 03:40 PM
MoparFanatic21
Champion

Originally Posted by Kyle Kiernicki View Post
Update got the truck running, went about a half mile and it just died, all I did was remove the cap on one of the pcm connections to expose the wires, wiggled some around and plugged it back it and it ran, I tried doing that when it died on me on the road and I got all cluster back but no start, Iím still stumped!!
Bad wire/plug/PCM/connection is what it sounds like to me

Old 08-28-2018, 06:06 PM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21 View Post
Bad wire/plug/PCM/connection is what it sounds like to me
Seconded.

Old 08-28-2018, 08:02 PM
Kyle Kiernicki

Another update, I’ve went through all the wires in all 3 plugs none of them are loose.
i found out that the clips that hold the plugs on are broken on 2 of 3 of the plugs, so I’m narrowing it down to the plugs. Just wish there was an easier fix then zip ties and duct tape!!

Old 08-28-2018, 09:26 PM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

Super Glue? (joking.....)

Old 03-29-2019, 10:26 PM
Ricardo Zamora
Default I need help 😭

My truck ran good yesterday and everything but then I tried to turn on the truck yesterday in the night and it didn't start it cranks up but does not start I checked the codes and it shows up the no bus code and it does not start up

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: