2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Crank Position Sensor on its way out?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 06:47 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

Check your local parts stores. They might be able to help you out. Or local wrecking yards?

Old 03-15-2017, 08:12 PM
ram-tuff
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys, finally have an update...... I know, forever.

So here is the final fix for my issue. After countless times of troubleshooting, and then countless times of looking for a dang pigtail, I found the following:

1. Pigtail from NAPA = $80!!!!
2. Pigtail from SR(summit racing) = $21.39 https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...srese1-_-accel

The one from summit is a harness that adapts to the ACCEL Coil. Would be the cheapest option for a new harness.

Then I had an epiphany.... Copper Anti-Seize!!!!

So I am sitting at the PC, looking at all this documentation I have done, and it dawns on me, I read that other guys post on here that he adds these little copper-like pieces of foil inside the harness and it works for him, another guy replaces his harness and that works for him. I was like, wait, i'm not gonna pay friggin money when I can just fix my current connector... So first I though, i will buy new connectors for another harness that will fit into my harness, you know the ones like these: https://autoplicity.com/4876517-stan...uAKhoChY_w_wcB

But then I thought man I can just stick a dab of anti-seize inside my original connector holes and call it a day... That's what I did and its been working great ever since....

Duh!!!!!

Anti-Seize has METAL in it, and if you use the copper kind, its even better! But the silver kind would probably work just fine too.

So boom, my shiznit is fixed.

L8R.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:01 PM
smithjeremiah579
Default Dying sometimes

I had an 88 corsica with the 2.0 Pontiac sunbird motor in it. Would start and run for about 5 min and die. CRANK POSITIONS SENSOR fixed this problem and is relatively cheap too. I went to junkyard and got one for a dollar. Worth a shot

Old 03-21-2017, 09:56 PM
ram-tuff
Professional

Originally Posted by smithjeremiah579
I had an 88 corsica with the 2.0 Pontiac sunbird motor in it. Would start and run for about 5 min and die. CRANK POSITIONS SENSOR fixed this problem and is relatively cheap too. I went to junkyard and got one for a dollar. Worth a shot
Haven't had an issue since i fixed the pigtail. I'm sure it was the issue since everytime it died on me i would just wiggle the pigtail and it would start.