2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tune up questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 09:48 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

You can buy the fittings in the "Help" section at your local parts store, or, you can just take that line off, and replace it with a length of Trans hose, and a couple clamps. (that's what I did, for the same reason as yours. ) I think it was less than 5 bucks for that particular repair.

Old 03-04-2017, 12:22 PM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Don't you put RTV on the ends of the manifold when putting back on the block and heads? Definitely not between the plate and manifold but the corners where the heads are, right?

Old 03-04-2017, 03:27 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramman18
Don't you put RTV on the ends of the manifold when putting back on the block and heads? Definitely not between the plate and manifold but the corners where the heads are, right?
Exactly. I put some around the coolant ports as well, just as added insurance. (very THIN coat.....)

Old 03-05-2017, 09:38 PM
99on40s
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did this about a month ago and had a broke bolt passenger front intake bolt. removed all other bolts and removed intake (after removing everything required to get intake off fuel line vacuum line throttle linkage ect..) bolt had alot of corrosion and caked up gunk on the broke bolt. When u remove the intake u will see there is a notch out around each bolt hole in the head where the intake bolts down to the head. I took a small screwdriver and chiseled out around the bolt being very very carefully not to scar the mating surface on the head untill I got all the gunk out of the notch. Then I heated up the bolt took vise grips and worked it back and forth till I got it to brake loose. That's my story and how i did it hope it helps it was a real pita to get it out