2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Manual Transmission Parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 09:59 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah thats what I got im pretty sure. They say they work for the old small blocks but it works for the magnum just the same.

The flywheel is way thicker then flex plate. So you need longer bolts.

Old 04-20-2017, 12:01 PM
CJSuhr
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks for the unfollow. Do you think I can shim the pressure plate bolts with those washers I have to keep the shoulder on them from bottoming out in the flywheel?

Old 04-20-2017, 12:05 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

Use the thinnest washers you are comfortable with.

Old 04-20-2017, 12:53 PM
CJSuhr
Veteran

I'm thinking just one washer should do the job. They shouldn't cause a plroblem should they? I'd imagine if I can put a lock washer on I'd be able to put one or two flat washers on.

If they were I can find some different bolts.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:39 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

I don't think they are likely to cause a problem. You should still have plenty of thread engagement, and they aren't likely to interfere with anything in the bell housing...... And having those bolts TIGHT, instead of only 'snug', to hold the p-plate on, strikes me as a VERY good idea.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:04 PM
CJSuhr
Veteran

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I don't think they are likely to cause a problem. You should still have plenty of thread engagement, and they aren't likely to interfere with anything in the bell housing...... And having those bolts TIGHT, instead of only 'snug', to hold the p-plate on, strikes me as a VERY good idea.
The bolts just barley stick out the back of the flywheel, as they are threaded through. So I have a goood idea of how much I need to take off, I'm thinking just shy of flush with the back of the flywheel.

I've just got about everything answered. If there a difference in bellhousing bolt length between the manual and the auto? I'm thinking so, and also are there different numbers in mounting bolts?

Last edited by CJSuhr; 04-20-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:58 PM
frankie_b_jr
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by CJSuhr
The bolts just barley stick out the back of the flywheel, as they are threaded through. So I have a goood idea of how much I need to take off, I'm thinking just shy of flush with the back of the flywheel.

I've just got about everything answered. If there a difference in bellhousing bolt length between the manual and the auto? I'm thinking so, and also are there different numbers in mounting bolts?
I was looking through receipts from my 408 last night (spring cleaning ), and for the clutch plate bolts I just used some grade 8 bolts with lock washers. No dimensions on the receipt unfortunately, I just wrote what they went to.

As for the bell housing, there are no differences between the auto and manual trans as far as bolting them to the engine. I think I even used the inspection plate from the auto on my trans... But I could be mistaking.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:20 AM
CJSuhr
Veteran

Ok thankyou. I thinks that's it. I don the have really any other things, for now at least. I was pullin parts off my parts truck this weekend, and noticed my slave cylinder was leaking. The shaft was all rusty, and when you pushed it in like if you were going to bleed it, it leaked. I ordered both a slave and a master, because I got a good deal on rock auto for them. Just 50 for both. I'll be starting a thread in the future regarding the actual swap. I want to cover a few points in that about general, and also about my wiring harness. It's 90 percent in tact, but like 3 wires are cut so I gotta figure out what They go to, as well as leabel very connector. Fun times ahead.

Old 04-24-2017, 12:37 PM
CJSuhr
Veteran

Remembered this:

This is the part that is required for the nv3500 and is the only thing I should use in it correct?

It said it on the bottle just wanted to double check.
And I looked at Royal purple's website and It crosses with their synchromax so I'm able to use that too(that is if that's the correct part). I hate my local dealer and if I don't have to take a stop in there that would be why I'd go with the RP.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:05 PM
CJSuhr
Veteran

Ok. Today i got 90 percent of the engine and tranny harness labeled today. I came across 3 cut wires. One being the alternator charge wire, and the other being that I couldn't identify them. It's 2 wires cut right at the loom, and it comes out on the passenger side right next to the 1 wire coolant temp sensor. I'm thinking it's the other 2 wire temp sensor, but I need confirmation.
Manual Transmission Parts-img_4496.jpg

The next I have is a 3 wire connector. It comes out next to the driver side rear most #7 injector. It's not the cam sensor that come out where the engine and tranny harnesses split, but with the 7 injector. I haven't found the plug for the crank sensor so I'm not sure if that is it, but I'm not sure.
Manual Transmission Parts-img_3719.jpg

And my last wiring issue. The 3 big connectors between the engine and interior wiring harness are not correct. The top two grey ones look to be the same, but the bottom black connector of five the 95 manual harness is square and has 8 wires, while the connector for the 94 auto is like the grey ones, but with 7 wires. Tomorrow I'll count wires on the grey connectors between the manual and auto grey connectors, and see if they are the same. I just want to see if anyone has any info on this:
Manual Transmission Parts-img_4500.jpg

And if anyone knows where I can get some of these:
Manual Transmission Parts-img_3720.jpg

And these main harness clips
Manual Transmission Parts-image.jpg