2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

94 dodge ram air conditioner not working properly??

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 07:50 AM
Gabriel Alan Wright
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 dodge ram air conditioner not working properly??

Hello.... my air conditioner in my 94 dodge ram 1500 shows to be charged according to the gauge that comes with the refill bottles.... but when I turn it on the air coming from the vents is only cool not cold like it should be? And the higher I turn the fan speed the warmer the air gets?? Aluminum line running down the top of the fender to the firewall is ice cold but now coming back out of the firewall? Don't really have much experience with air conditioning systems but do have extensive mechanical skills when it comes to the engine and transmission.... could someone please point me in the right direction as to what may be causing my problem? It's gets mighty hot here in Kansas and would really like to have my a/c...

Old 06-16-2017, 08:24 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

You need a proper set of gauges to determine what is going on. One of those walmart refill kits wont cut it. You could have a clog in the system somewhere.