2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Brake upgrade time

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 03:57 PM
BigGreenRam
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake upgrade time

Tired of sweating every time I have to stop quick. Right rear is locking up soft line most likely. So this is my plan power stop heavy duty kit on the front.
2500LD wheel cylinders on the rear with new drums premium shoes. All new hardware new self adjusters. All soft lines getting replaced and hard lines as needed. Now I would like to know if there's a company that has all the soft lines in a kit Thanks for all your help if I've left anything out let me know

Old 09-08-2017, 04:06 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,391 Likes on 3,131 Posts

Skip the drilled/slotted rotors...... The holes just give the rotors really nice places for the cracks to start. If you want new rotors, just get to stock replacements from the parts store. Instead, upgrade the CALIPERS. Grab a pair for the light duty 3/4 ton. (there are two flavors of caliper for the 3/4 ton trucks, single piston, which are the ones you want, and dual piston, which simply will NOT fit.) Then, a GOOD quality set of pads, the rear wheel cylinders, and you WILL notice a difference in braking.

If you are replacing all three soft lines, consider going with the braided stainless set. (jegs, summit, likely rock auto will have 'em) They don't expand quite so much under pressure, giving you a firmer pedal.