Wiper Park - DodgeForum.com

Notices
2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wiper Park

Reply

 
 
 
  #1  
Old 01-11-2018, 03:38 AM
MoparFanatic21
MoparFanatic21 is offline
Record Breaker
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,074
Default Wiper Park

Are the wipers on these trucks (01 Ram) suppose to go fly down when turned off? Mine stop wherever they are. Just curious as FSM didn't have any way to trouble shoot it
 
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-11-2018, 09:23 AM
HeyYou's Avatar
HeyYou
HeyYou is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Clayton MI
Posts: 51,047
Default

Yeah, when you turn them off, they should park at the base of the windshield.
 
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-11-2018, 09:38 PM
MoparFanatic21
MoparFanatic21 is offline
Record Breaker
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,074
Default

Originally Posted by HeyYou View Post
Yeah, when you turn them off, they should park at the base of the windshield.
So when I turn the ignition off they should park at the bottom, correct?
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-11-2018, 11:39 PM
AtomicDog
AtomicDog is online now
Record Breaker
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Central VA
Posts: 1,707
Default

I believe when you turn the ignition off, the wipers will stop wherever they are. If you turn off the wiper control, the wipers will park themselves back at the bottom.
 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-11-2018, 11:45 PM
MoparFanatic21
MoparFanatic21 is offline
Record Breaker
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,074
Default

Originally Posted by AtomicDog View Post
I believe when you turn the ignition off, the wipers will stop wherever they are. If you turn off the wiper control, the wipers will park themselves back at the bottom.
Ok that was my original question but it wouldn't let me edit it. Kind of stupid imo, also it's stupid you can't pull the arms up. Last winter they kept getting ice build overnight. And you can't pull the arms up so they don't get build up
 
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-12-2018, 12:00 AM
AtomicDog
AtomicDog is online now
Record Breaker
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Central VA
Posts: 1,707
Default

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21 View Post
Ok that was my original question but it wouldn't let me edit it. Kind of stupid imo, also it's stupid you can't pull the arms up. Last winter they kept getting ice build overnight. And you can't pull the arms up so they don't get build up
I get the arms up by turning on the wipers, then cutting off the ignition (not the wipers) to stop them as they are moving towards the up position. I typically do this from time to time to change wiper blades.
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-12-2018, 09:26 AM
HeyYou's Avatar
HeyYou
HeyYou is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Clayton MI
Posts: 51,047
Default

I just park mine in the garage. No ice at all on the truck.
 
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-12-2018, 10:00 AM
AtomicDog
AtomicDog is online now
Record Breaker
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Central VA
Posts: 1,707
Default

Originally Posted by HeyYou View Post
I just park mine in the garage. No ice at all on the truck.
That's how you all roll in Michigan with that interesting weather
 
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-12-2018, 10:17 AM
HeyYou's Avatar
HeyYou
HeyYou is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Clayton MI
Posts: 51,047
Default

Originally Posted by AtomicDog View Post
That's how you all roll in Michigan with that interesting weather
Yeah, wednesday was cold, and freezing rain. Made the trip to work interesting, to say the least. Thursday was overcast, and mid 50's......... Today, raining when I got up, and within an hour, had cycled thru freezing rain, to snow...... rather windy as well. Drive in this morning should be fun....... But, at least I don't have to scrape my windows.
 
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-12-2018, 12:14 PM
MoparFanatic21
MoparFanatic21 is offline
Record Breaker
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,074
Default

Originally Posted by HeyYou View Post
Yeah, wednesday was cold, and freezing rain. Made the trip to work interesting, to say the least. Thursday was overcast, and mid 50's......... Today, raining when I got up, and within an hour, had cycled thru freezing rain, to snow...... rather windy as well. Drive in this morning should be fun....... But, at least I don't have to scrape my windows.
I try to but can't park it in a garage when I go to work
 
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wiper Park


Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: