2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission fluid check help

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 07:25 PM
Jonathan Cole
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission fluid check help

I’ve have been having problems checking my transmission fluid, originally I kept getting inconsistent readings (only on one side of the stick or none at all) and then I had a transmission cooler line blow. I’ve been filling it up and when I check it (idling in neutral) it reads there is none but when I check it when the truck is turned off it reads almost to the max. I’m pretty sure that’s because the torque converter fills up but I’m new to this stuff and wanted to make sure the reason the lines blew off was because they were old not because I over filled it. Thanks

Old 03-11-2020, 08:42 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

You can dump a LOT of fluid in short order when the line blows. If you aren't seeing fluid on the dipstick with the engine running, you are still low. I think it holds 12 to 15 quarts of fluid.....

Quick Reply: Transmission fluid check help