2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How do I fix my loose Gas Pedal??

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 01:37 AM
GageD1
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation How do I fix my loose Gas Pedal??

Another forum topic here, I noticed that my gas pedal was loose and shakes when I hit bumps when I observe it my pedal falls halfway to the floor but I can raise it about an inch but then it falls back down an inch, any tips on how to fix this? I've tried tightening my throttle cable but it doesn't seem to tighten the pedal back up and to normal. Any pointers? I've seen people in videos using zip ties and a small vacuum hose and clamps to raise the pedal, is this smart or whats the safest best way?

Also following this guideline http://www.bionicdodge.com/Download/...Adjustment.pdf
Will the adjustment of this cable help my pedal be raised? Also following these directions I am adjusting the cable by moving the housing right not the cable itself?

Last edited by GageD1; 02-25-2018 at 03:10 AM.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:35 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

The link is for TV cable adjustment. (throttle valve in the trans) Won't help your gas pedal at all.

You need to replace the throttle cable from the pedal, to the throttle body, or use something as spacers at the gas pedal, to take up the slack.

Old 02-25-2018, 05:51 PM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Yeah, ummm, that's completely normal.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:20 PM
GageD1
Amateur
Talking

Originally Posted by HeyYou
The link is for TV cable adjustment. (throttle valve in the trans) Won't help your gas pedal at all.

You need to replace the throttle cable from the pedal, to the throttle body, or use something as spacers at the gas pedal, to take up the slack.
Just some feedback! I recently adjusted my TV cable and my truck seems to be shifting entirely better! Thank you!

Old 03-01-2018, 02:03 PM
jmhd1989
Veteran

They are all floppy like that, I replaced my throttle cable to see if it would pull in a bit of the slack, it was exactly the same. People put zip ties to take up the slack at the pedal but I would not recommend doing that. Its normal, just leave it.

Quick Reply: How do I fix my loose Gas Pedal??