2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck wanting to die

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 02:17 PM
Bazoo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck wanting to die

So my 97 ram starts and runs fine, it drives fine but when I let off the gas the rpms drop and it about dies (sometimes it actually does) I've replaced the IAC and the TPS I've replaced distributor cap ,rotor ,plugs, wires, fuel pump, when I replaced the tps it did great for about a week and started again when I did the IAC it lasted about 2 days I'm at a loss at what to even check for next

Old 02-27-2018, 06:20 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Did you clean the throttle body? If you replaced the IAC, what brand did you get? If it's aftermarket, that's going to be at least part of the problem..... these trucks just don't like aftermarket electronics. TPS may be fine, but, IAC? That really needs to be genuine Mopar.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:36 PM
Bazoo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok had to give it some time, I cleaned it to brand new looking and it's been great but I have noticed it still does it but usually just once and then normal again probably every other time I drive it ,

Quick Reply: Truck wanting to die