2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Throttle issue, again

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 07:10 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,274 Likes on 3,021 Posts

It may not be the TPS. If after resetting the computer, it runs great for a while, and gets progressively worse, that is the PCM learning how to run the motor with bad data from somewhere. Fun part becomes, where??? Can you do data logging?

Old 06-08-2018, 07:26 AM
C12Creed
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good morning. I understand, but unfortunately, if it requires tech equipment I cannot. I could hire a mechanic for diagnostics at best. Ill look up data logging myself as well to learn more.

Old 07-29-2018, 11:42 AM
C12Creed
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Between 15 and 30mph, the rpms jump until I get past 30mph. Another thing I noticed is that if I hold the accel pedal down at the same spot where it constantly jumps until it reaches 30 (compared to flooring it so it doesnt jump and gets out of 30 quickly, it does one last quick jump before it seems to shift into the next gear (which I assume is 2nd).

Any other thoughts? The only other idea I found was Spark Plugs being worn, but I replaced them in the beginning of March. The spark plugs did drive with a "misfire" for one month though. To elaborate, the 8th plug was broken in half and hard to get out until I bought a gator socket. The wire and fuel connection were disconnected until the issue was fixed. Do you think that 1 month could have actually caused such an issue that needs me to replace all the plugs again? I may just try it anyway,since its only 26$ for them all."

Hey again, sorry to re-up an old thread. I had a family emergency after tackling a different problem with the deleted cat, so I've been off for awhile. I plan on doing the spark plugs tomorrow and if that issue isn't resolved, I'm going to take it to Firestone for a 100$ diagnostic. They said they can check the computer and do a smoke test for any vacuum leaks (which they believed may be the goto for this issue), alongside doing the rest of their diagnostic steps as well. Any other recommendations you, or anybody else may have? I am going to start a new thread to put this up top as well.

Quick Reply: Throttle issue, again