2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dual battery set-up

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 01:51 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I appreciate the thought.

I was rather surprised when I found it on my desk, it was a LOT lighter than I thought it should be. Smaller too..... since I couldn't feel anything in there. Mainly because there WASN'T anything in there. Not even a receipt...... It was supposed to be a belt tension gauge..... (I am seriously tired of my mower deck eating bearings and belts. This is a 'last gasp' effort to have them last longer than half a season..... and it's just a guess at that.....)
I get two mows before I have to replace mine. Mowing 65 acres might do it to though....

Old 06-30-2018, 04:51 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
I get two mows before I have to replace mine. Mowing 65 acres might do it to though....
Nah.....

Old 08-02-2018, 04:26 PM
V65Ozzie
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I appreciate the thought.

I was rather surprised when I found it on my desk, it was a LOT lighter than I thought it should be. Smaller too..... since I couldn't feel anything in there. Mainly because there WASN'T anything in there. Not even a receipt...... It was supposed to be a belt tension gauge..... (I am seriously tired of my mower deck eating bearings and belts. This is a 'last gasp' effort to have them last longer than half a season..... and it's just a guess at that.....)
I get about 3 mows on mine. I found a place online where i can get them for 10 bucks, I order 4 at a time.

I got a used battery tray out of a gen 2 diesel, almost fits perfectly, I have to relocate the evap valve. I have already installed the isolator. What they want for 2 guage wire is ridiculous, ordered a set of 2 guage jumper cables on ebay, cheap. They arrived, but were 8 guage, I requested a refund, they told me to keep them and refunded my money. Ordered another set, they arrived and were 4 guage, requested refund, they told me to keep them and refunded me. But, looking at them, I think they may be heavy enough, so I'm going to use them, after I separate the cables, cut to length and get the right ends installed. Run the solenoid to a key on fused circuit, and I should be in business.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:36 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Originally Posted by V65Ozzie
I get about 3 mows on mine. I found a place online where i can get them for 10 bucks, I order 4 at a time.

I got a used battery tray out of a gen 2 diesel, almost fits perfectly, I have to relocate the evap valve. I have already installed the isolator. What they want for 2 guage wire is ridiculous, ordered a set of 2 guage jumper cables on ebay, cheap. They arrived, but were 8 guage, I requested a refund, they told me to keep them and refunded my money. Ordered another set, they arrived and were 4 guage, requested refund, they told me to keep them and refunded me. But, looking at them, I think they may be heavy enough, so I'm going to use them, after I separate the cables, cut to length and get the right ends installed. Run the solenoid to a key on fused circuit, and I should be in business.
It's just such an ordeal to change belts on the Gravely. The deck weighs 540 pounds...... it's a drive-over, but, actually driving over it is an exercise, trying to keep it from just rolling along. I made ramps, and blocks to put under the deck to hold it in place, but, its still an ordeal. So, I went out and bought an 01 John Deere 445..... Hydrostatic trans, power steering, even has cruise control..... It doesn't ride as nice as the gravely, but, I can mow faster, and get a better cut. Smaller deck, so, about the same time frame to do the whole yard. Fuel injection, so, quick, easy starts..... also came with a 46" snow blower, and 54" front blade. Got it all for less than what just the tractor is worth.

Where did you re-locate the purge valve to?

Quick Reply: Dual battery set-up