2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

95 Ram 5.9 Dies and won't start until cool

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 11:02 AM
yoco717
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, update time for anyone out there with similar issues...

Got into the junkyard on Saturday and found an exact match PCM with part number that ends in 8325. Looks like the truck smashed a pole at about 120mph.... but the PCM was in great shape and only had 150k miles on it, compared to mine with 220k. Swapped it into mine and it fired right up. I've been driving it on cooler days and it hasn't given me an issue, yet. I have to build my trust back up with it... Can't have it letting me sit on my way to work, again. I still need to swap the CAM sensor, cap and rotor since I bought it and it's sitting here in the garage. I also might replace the fuel pump/filter assembly in the tank, too. I'll post back in a few days with an update on how it's running and if it seems to be fixed. Need to slowly get it back in stop and go traffic with lights to see if it's going to act up.

Old 08-29-2018, 05:42 PM
yoco717
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reporting back in to provide some closure for anyone searching for an answer in the future.

The ECU seems to have fixed the issue. I have driven it around now for a couple weeks and have driven it on days with the heat index over 100 degrees. I'm not having any issues any longer. I may rip apart my old one and see if I can find any broken solder joints or capacitors that have visible damage.

Still plan on putting in the Cam sensor and doing a fresh stage 0, just because I like the truck.

Thanks for the help, guys!

Quick Reply: 95 Ram 5.9 Dies and won't start until cool