2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Restoration

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 04:36 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Well, ordered them up, and was waiting for them to show up. Got an email from them. Out of stock...... Refund processed. No clue when they will have more. Rats.
Let me see if I can find another when I get a chance, check back tonight

Old 05-15-2019, 10:00 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Default Radiator Part#

Anybody have the all aluminum radiator part#? I want to add it along with a pusher fan for the AC

Old 05-21-2019, 11:50 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

Here is my max flex with the airbags connected (cradles will increase it) I don't think that's too bad once my coil overs come in i'll be set:

Last edited by MoparFanatic21; 05-21-2019 at 11:57 PM.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:51 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,294 Likes on 3,041 Posts

What's the limiting factor on your flex??

Old 05-22-2019, 12:36 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

Originally Posted by HeyYou
What's the limiting factor on your flex??
Airbags connect the frame and leafs in the rear abs coils in the front. So in doing daystar cradles for the rear snd true coilovers for the front and shocks in all 4 corners

Old 05-26-2019, 12:32 PM
potentshadow
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That just makes me happy

Old 05-26-2019, 01:17 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

Originally Posted by potentshadow
That just makes me happy
What? Lol

Old 06-01-2019, 03:05 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Default New Additions

Yesterday I put my $20 Billet Aluminum Chrome Plated Locking Gas Door on:

And today I got one of the 4th Gen Tow Mirror Puddle Lamps installed:

Also ordered my primer it will be in tomorrow. I also go to pickup my cab Sunday morning. If you guys want to see a DIY thread on painting a vehicle and swapping a cab key me know!

Update on the lift and tires: Tires I love them, have about 10K on them and no signs of wearing (they aren't even balanced). Lift its good but I want more flex (I don't care about the ride even though it is very harsh) so im going with a 4 long arm setup Fox Reservoir Shocks in all 4 corners. Plus im adding a body lift

Old 06-01-2019, 04:05 PM
potentshadow
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
Yesterday I put my $20 Billet Aluminum Chrome Plated Locking Gas Door on:

And today I got one of the 4th Gen Tow Mirror Puddle Lamps installed:

Also ordered my primer it will be in tomorrow. I also go to pickup my cab Sunday morning. If you guys want to see a DIY thread on painting a vehicle and swapping a cab key me know!

Update on the lift and tires: Tires I love them, have about 10K on them and no signs of wearing (they aren't even balanced). Lift its good but I want more flex (I don't care about the ride even though it is very harsh) so im going with a 4 long arm setup Fox Reservoir Shocks in all 4 corners. Plus im adding a body lift
Body lift will change the entire dynamic of the lift won’t it? I’ve been doing some looking because lifting a 2nd gen 2WD is almost impossible (to do it correctly) so they say in order to fit 35’s correctly that you need a 3 inch body lift and a 2 inch suspension lift. Partly because the 2wd is apparently lower than the 4WD brother by default. Although from what I have seen the body lift changes a lot but probably more of a concern for me because you’re on air now and can probably adjust accordingly on the fly.

I am digging the 4th gen puddle lamps. I want to do a 4th bumper conversion so bad but I won’t do it until I have mine lifted a little bit. Still doing research on upgrading my rear diff to support the bigger tires. I hear sort of a whine when going from 40mph down letting off the gas I think it’s coming from the diff so honestly it’s probably my pinion bearing or something. Probably time for a overhaul anyway.

Anyway truck is looking gorgeous man. it’s definitely a motivator to get mine up to par. I have about... 1200 or so more to put into her for a full overhaul of breaks and suspension not including the tires and wheels but I’m glad you like yours. Definitely a little jealous cause they look so good. I took y’alls tip about smaller wheels and larger tires just have not picked out what I wanted yet.

I see you purchased mevotech for some of your steering components. Do you recommend them? I ask because they’re cheaper than Moog which is what I have been looking at.

Yes I think a video of painting albeit some may find simple, is not and would help a lot. I plan on doing some paint work eventually.

*edit*
how hard was the aluminum gas cap to install?

Old 06-01-2019, 05:37 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

Originally Posted by potentshadow
Body lift will change the entire dynamic of the lift won’t it? I’ve been doing some looking because lifting a 2nd gen 2WD is almost impossible (to do it correctly) so they say in order to fit 35’s correctly that you need a 3 inch body lift and a 2 inch suspension lift. Partly because the 2wd is apparently lower than the 4WD brother by default. Although from what I have seen the body lift changes a lot but probably more of a concern for me because you’re on air now and can probably adjust accordingly on the fly.

I am digging the 4th gen puddle lamps. I want to do a 4th bumper conversion so bad but I won’t do it until I have mine lifted a little bit. Still doing research on upgrading my rear diff to support the bigger tires. I hear sort of a whine when going from 40mph down letting off the gas I think it’s coming from the diff so honestly it’s probably my pinion bearing or something. Probably time for a overhaul anyway.

Anyway truck is looking gorgeous man. it’s definitely a motivator to get mine up to par. I have about... 1200 or so more to put into her for a full overhaul of breaks and suspension not including the tires and wheels but I’m glad you like yours. Definitely a little jealous cause they look so good. I took y’alls tip about smaller wheels and larger tires just have not picked out what I wanted yet.

I see you purchased mevotech for some of your steering components. Do you recommend them? I ask because they’re cheaper than Moog which is what I have been looking at.

Yes I think a video of painting albeit some may find simple, is not and would help a lot. I plan on doing some paint work eventually.

*edit*
how hard was the aluminum gas cap to install?
1. A body lift won't change anything, whether you have a lift or not. All it does is lift the body up off the frame. A 2wd does sit lower then the 4wd brother. The only thing that you have to be concerned about with a body lift is your factory bolts, because they can break. A body lift is a really good (and cheap) way to fit bigger tires
2. Thanks man was a lot of work lol. See pics to see what the bumper looks like. About your noise most likely the pinion bearing. I have 40s and am going to 45s i have the 1500 axles underneath her still with 3.55 gearing and it's doing fine I even do burnouts in it. I do have the factory 2500 axles but need to regear them to 5.35s or 6.13s and truss them and paint them. That is when I'll do the 4 link as you have to weld the mounts to the axle. I plan on doing a video on the regearing and everything.
3. Thanks man I have about $6500 in mine ABC's am no where done. Just keep at it. I think the small rim big tire look looks aggressive and see pics and toy might agree.
4. So far so good, I had Moog and they went bad quick.
5. I have to do body work to so I will include that in a video also but it might be long lol
6. Nor hard at all 4 Allen head bolts, I put felt on mine as it rattled. I hate noises

Just keep at it and it will get done, I just have so many projects. It's ridiculous

Last edited by MoparFanatic21; 06-01-2019 at 05:39 PM.

Quick Reply: 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Restoration