2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Weird no start issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 04:40 AM
BrandonBuc'em
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird no start issue

Went to start my truck today, crank no start. I give it some throttle and it fired up, let off and it would stall. It would continue to stall unless I kept giving it throttle, however once it got up to temp it idled and drove just fine. Any ideas? This has happened once before last summer. But same thing, operating temp and it was fine after until today it did it again. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-06-2018, 07:08 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Failing IAC, or dirty throttle body. You can try pulling it, and cleaning it out good. (pay special attention to the IAC well.) If it still exhibits the problem, replace the IAC. ONLY use a mopar replacement. The aftermarket fellers just don't behave nicely.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:39 PM
Kaldir
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any chance your battery was dead recently? Or just lose power to the computer? No clue how common it is, but with my truck, if my battery is dead or the computer resets, sometimes it won't stay running unless I continuously give it some gas. Once its been running long enough and the computer has some data in it, the truck will idle just fine. This has only ever happened with a dead battery for me.

Quick Reply: Weird no start issue